DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Predator 2- Good Buy

Old 01-03-03, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Predator 2- Good Buy

I just picked Predator 2 at Best Buy. It was packaged with Predator. For some reason they had it out a month early so I decided to give it a look and post my review here.

The picture for the DVD is pretty good. The colors are bright and vibrant. The movie letterboxed at 1.85:1 and is anamorphic. This is not the best picture I have seen but it is definately better then some of the older movies to come out in recent years.

The sound is also good. You have your choice of either 5.1 surround or 2.0. The sound in some places does sound a little flat.

The extras are surprising for such a small release. You get two featurettes that run about six minutes apiece. The Making-of is your stand fluff. The other making-of deals with designing the Predator. It goes by way to quick and you don't really learn anything. Also included is the theatrical trailer letterboxed at 2.35:1(?) and is anamorphic.

(note: why is the trailer is 2.35:1 and movie is 1.85:1? they did this with Rapid Fire also. Can anyone answer this?)

Anyway, for $17 you can own the first movie(if you don't already) and the second one. Both of them are worth the price. Predator 2 is a solid action movie that deserves a better DVD, but at least we finally get the movie.
Old 01-04-03, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,390 Likes on 1,021 Posts
Is the Predator 1 DVD the DTS widescreen release?
Old 01-04-03, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes