Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Dawn Of The Dead Question..

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-03, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering where I can get the best versions of the Romero and also the Argento cuts of Dawn of the dead. Any region is fine.

Thanks
Old 01-02-03, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, great news! Thanks alot.
Old 01-03-03, 08:45 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For anyone that can't wait for nearly a year, there's also the Dutch version containing both the main versions that most tend to be after, but not the shorter US cut that will be in the unpcoming Anchor Bay release.

I got mine from: http://www.proxis.be

Register and all the prices will be in your own currency.
Old 01-03-03, 01:07 PM

Full specs of the dutch version can be found here
http://www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com/mod...rder=0&thold=0

I got this a few month back from www.freerecordshop.com for €9.99. It still looks like it is availlable at this price.

http://www.freerecordshop.com/pages/...roductID=28157
Old 01-03-03, 05:15 PM

I'd avoid Proxis at all costs if you're in the USA. They do not seem to like Americans.
Really? Can you elaborate on that? I've never dealt with them but I'm curious to your experiences with them.

Jeff
Old 02-14-03, 02:13 AM
Banned

import(geddit)ant note about the ab r1...

by all means, folks, if you have a region free, etc, et al...get the ab. if anything, you want it for the common-trees (one with georgie, one with allfour principals), and the fact that it contains the theatrical cut, which georgie boy says himself is superior to the so-called directors cut of vhs and out-of-print days. the director's cut edition we all know and loathe here is only minutely different, with a few insignificant additionals that don't really perceptively alter the pace upon a viewing, but compared with the theatrical cut (some minor score choices are appearant aides to the cause, as well as the occasional line trimming...again, nothing significant, just reactionary lines that add almost nothing...writers hacking along like i am right now...) pacing is sluggish and tends to ramble on a bit (again, as do i...i betcha noticed that tendency too...but hey, it reads like just cats talkin..)...
plus, if anchor bay goes the full 9 like we're all preying (yes, PREYING like a mantis for a jibe)...we just may get the soundtrack, no....wait...lemmie try again....
godlin's immortal and far reaching musical gaze into the future of how music is made....THE FREAKIN' SCORE! SO WE CAN ALL TRASH THAT SH***Y F****N' PIECEA COW A**ED TURD-MUFFIN PUKE ON CHROMIUM OR WHATEVER PIG-FECES MAKES GOD**NM AUDIO CD'S CINEVOX THAT YOU GOTTA TURN YOUR S**T WAY THE HELL UP TO GET IT TO SOUND LIKE ITS THE MOVIE PLAYING EVERYTHING BUT THE DIALOG THROUGH A (attempts to capitalise letters even larger, fails, but wails on...)HAZE OF STATIC AND HISS!!!!
and don't tell me to switch to decaf and use wavelab or some poo to boost signal...all you get is LOUDER HAZE OF STATIC AND HISS!!!!
damn, i gotta quit watching daria....my eye hurts. and someone's standing on my neck!
Old 02-14-03, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

huh?
Old 02-14-03, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by flashburn
huh?

If you don't mind waiting, I would just wait for the special edition that AB is releasing late this year.

DAWN OF THE DEAD - Fall/Winter 2003

George Romero's masterpiece is coming back to DVD in a big way. Featuring newly re-mastered widescreen transfers (16x9 enhanced), new DTS & Dolby EX Surround Sound, all-new cast & crew interviews, all-new audio commentary tracks, trailers, poster & still galleries and more! Available separately will be the original Theatrical Version and the Extended (Director's Cut) Version. Also available will be a special multi-disc box set including an exclusive presentation of the ZOMBI version of the film from Europe. Expect more announcements in the coming months, and please note all features at this point are tentative and subject to change. Closed Captioned for the Hearing Impaired.

DAY OF THE DEAD - August 2003

The third film in George Romero's Living Dead saga is getting the 2 disc special edition treatment with all-new special features including interviews, audio commentaries (one with filmmaker and fan Roger Avary!), and behind-the-scenes footage. Also there will be new DTS-ES & Dolby EX audio. Expect more announcements in the coming months, all please note and features at this point are tentative and subject to change. Closed Captioned For The Hearing Impaired.
http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/future/
Old 02-15-03, 10:04 PM

I gotta agree, flashburn. That was my reaction when I finished reading that post too. lol