Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Unreal Championship Live question

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-03, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unreal Championship Live question

I know I have asked some stupid questions, but you guys keep answering them all so I have to find new ways to divulge my lack of simple logic.

I was trying to play UC with my friend who also has Live, and after spending the several...several...several minutes typing in all the info and providing the necessary blood sample, I could not seem to play a game with my friend.

Here is some of the scenarios:

1) I tried to create a game of CTF so that he could join me. I made the maximum players 4. I had two friends that were on my Xbox as guests, but I didn't know if they counted them as players or not... My friend could not find the game at all...

2) My friend created a dedicated server game...I found the game and joined, but as I expected, my friend on Live was unable to join since he was the server.

3) My friend on Live created a game, but I was unable to locate the game.

Is there any type of website with help on this stuff? I don't think the Xbox Live is too user friendly on UC. Please help a simple fool out....
Old 01-02-03, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you "invite him?"

If you know his gamertag, you can boot up your xbox without a game, and go to the xbox live screen and add a gamertag. Then when your in UC I believe that you can that friend. He'll get an invite, and can accept it to join the game.
Old 01-02-03, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not certain that UC has this since I haven't tried yet, but MA certainly does -- when you create a new game, you can reserve a couple of spots for friends only and leave the rest of the spots open for the public. Also, anyone playing the game counts as a player, whether they're on your machine or elsewhere.

Once the game starts or even in the lobby probably -- you should be able to hit a button to bring up your "friends" button to invite someone. -- edit -- like GoLucky says, you'll still need to have already made him a friend on your list beforehand.

Tuan Jim