Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Any games for the children that are decent in quality???

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-28-02, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like all of the games I research for the PS2 and Gamecube have received less than desirable reviews. I was really disappointed with the reviews for Disney's Magical Mirror(Mickey Mouse) on the Gamecube. I thought for sure this would be a winner....I had enjoyed the Genesis Castle of Illusion so much I felt this title would be a must have. Looking for any suggestions from all!!! Thanks in advance, DJ
Old 12-28-02, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I've found little my 8 year old wants to play on the PS2 or GameCube. He has mostly gotten GameBoy games. He does like Mario Party 4 and the Sonic Mega Collection. He is also asking for the new Rugrats game, but I haven't seen any reviews for it yet.
Old 12-28-02, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

my kids latest fav is jak and daxter. ages 5 and 7.
Old 12-28-02, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Shuki
my kids latest fav is jak and daxter. ages 5 and 7.
Thanks Shuki....I just got this as a Xmas present. I figured this would be a good title with everything I have read about it prior to it's release. Received very good reviews also. I am busy with RE0....will play Jak and Daxter next with the kids in tow. My oldest is 5 along with soon to be 4 year old twins. My five year old is starting to get into the games....all three love the Reader Rabbit software on the computer. Pretty funny watching the little ones staring up at the computer screen manuevering the mouse around the screen. Well....at least I have Jak and Daxter.

Thinking of Castle of Illusion(Mickey Mouse/Sega Genesis) almost makes me want to find another system just to play that game. Fun Fun game which is why I was so disappointed to find out that the newest in Mickey Mouse games was basically trash....

Old 12-28-02, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by djones6746
Thinking of Castle of Illusion(Mickey Mouse/Sega Genesis) almost makes me want to find another system just to play that game. Fun Fun game which is why I was so disappointed to find out that the newest in Mickey Mouse games was basically trash....
Castle of Illusion was awesome. And what was the Donald Duck one? Quackshot? I used to love those games.

Here is a website that reviews games with kids in mind, although I'm not sure how reliable it is. I just read a couple reviews and they don't seem to say much about the difficulty or factor it into their final ratings. Seems to me like that is the most important thing, aside from whether the content is too mature.
Old 12-29-02, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Matt925
Castle of Illusion was awesome. And what was the Donald Duck one? Quackshot? I used to love those games.

Here is a website that reviews games with kids in mind, although I'm not sure how reliable it is. I just read a couple reviews and they don't seem to say much about the difficulty or factor it into their final ratings. Seems to me like that is the most important thing, aside from whether the content is too mature.

Thanks!!! Animal Crossing looks fun.......will look around for other reviews on it.
Old 12-29-02, 10:22 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Animal Crossing is in fact a great choice for kids, and was this years "surprise hit" on the Gamecube. Women like it too.

BTW, an easy way to get an overview of various reviews for a game is to look it up at www.gamerankings.com.
Old 12-29-02, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
Animal Crossing is in fact a great choice for kids, and was this years "surprise hit" on the Gamecube. Women like it too.

BTW, an easy way to get an overview of various reviews for a game is to look it up at www.gamerankings.com.
Thanks for the link Groucho...just signed up on the site.
Old 12-29-02, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Totally forgot about Animal Crossing. Thats a great game for everyone to play. My son loves it.
Old 12-29-02, 02:04 PM

Monsters Inc. Scream Arena is totally fun... also would recommend any of the Spongebob titles... great games for the youngins.