Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Morning Show parodies

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Morning Show parodies

Old 12-26-02, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning Show parodies

I was wondering who here listened to great radio stations that played good parodies made by their DJs and also posts those parodies on the station's website. I've found several, but am interested in finding more (and would be willing to buy the show's CDs if they are available, lest people think I am posting just to "steal" these songs by downloading them?)
Old 12-26-02, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You might want to check out www.bobrivers.com

He has put out a ton of parodies over the years, and has put them on cd. He has a ton of christmas parodies.
Old 12-28-02, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
kml in baltimore puts out there collection of parrodies each year but they are only availible here in baltimore.
Old 12-31-02, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a couple of the minneapolis stations do this, but (as with Rypro's post), they're only available in the Twin Cities area

the most recent (that I know of) is our local classic rock station's cd: "Send out the Clown" making fun of Gov. Ventura.
Old 12-31-02, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Rush Limbaugh used to play a lot of great parodies. One time he was talking about how people wanted him to release a CD of his parody songs, but he said that he couldn't because the owners of the original songs wouldn't give him (or his company) permission to use their songs.

It is possible that local radio stations will just run into the same problem, thus not release CDs (but will play them occasionally on the air).

Check out the www.bobrivers.com site listed above, they have some very good stuff. I have a Twisted Christmas Christmas CD, very well made and funny. Do a search on ebay for "Bob Rivers", you'll see several of his recordings.
Old 12-31-02, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

if you dont want to go through the hassel of ebay click here
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...115680-6632744
Old 01-02-03, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For the Baltimore and Minneapolis discs, couldn't I just order the CDs from the radio stations themselves? I'd even be willing to call them and arrange an order over the phone, send a money order or whatever. I got some CDs this way. The ones I hate are the stations that say I have to go and make a food donation at some place downtown to get a CD and it's like, "Uh, but you're 400 miles away" and they just don't care.
Old 01-02-03, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Rypro 525
if you dont want to go through the hassel of ebay click here
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...115680-6632744
All I get is:

Browser Bug?
Attention: There appears to be a bug in the web browser you are currently using. Here are some ways to get around the problem:

To return to the page you were previously on: --click the BACK button on your browser's navigation bar until you reach the desired page.
To checkout --click on the shopping cart icon at the top of the page and proceed through the checkout process using the standard server (instead of the secure server). You can phone or fax the credit card information to us.
Your Web browser is Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows 98).
Old 01-02-03, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by calhoun07
For the Baltimore and Minneapolis discs, couldn't I just order the CDs from the radio stations themselves? I'd even be willing to call them and arrange an order over the phone, send a money order or whatever. I got some CDs this way. The ones I hate are the stations that say I have to go and make a food donation at some place downtown to get a CD and it's like, "Uh, but you're 400 miles away" and they just don't care.
the baltimore cd's that i was talking about are out of print, if you pleed with the dj, they might give you a copy (i have not tried this nor have i ever heard of a request for one) E-mail me if you want the stations number and ill even tell u who to ask for and what the cd is called.
Old 01-02-03, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by calhoun07
All I get is:
is this better?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...115680-6632744
Old 01-02-03, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Rypro 525
the baltimore cd's that i was talking about are out of print, if you pleed with the dj, they might give you a copy (i have not tried this nor have i ever heard of a request for one) E-mail me if you want the stations number and ill even tell u who to ask for and what the cd is called.
Actually, I found their website and can get the number off of there for now. I am downloading samples of their parodies to see if I like their style of humor. I assume they have more than what is posted on their CDs?

http://www.98online.com/ttunes.html
Old 01-02-03, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

email me if you like them, then ill give you the number.
Old 01-02-03, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the Minneapolis:
you might be able to order online through one of the local shops in the list below (I didn't check)
http://www.kqrs.com/listingsEntry.asp?ID=52763&PT=
Old 01-02-03, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

By the way a lot of those parodies are not done by the actual radio station, many of them are done by a website, and they are updated to be used everyday.
Old 01-02-03, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by edclem
For the Minneapolis:
you might be able to order online through one of the local shops in the list below (I didn't check)
http://www.kqrs.com/listingsEntry.asp?ID=52763&PT=
Thanks! I will try Roadrunner! They have done phone orders for me before!
Old 01-02-03, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by KnightLerxst
By the way a lot of those parodies are not done by the actual radio station, many of them are done by a website, and they are updated to be used everyday.
Link?
Old 01-03-03, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by KnightLerxst
These might not be actual radio parrody's by the station, but the ones on the CD's are skits that are done by the station. On the first page, go down to "I Love Gary Williams" and that one was recorded at the station.
Old 02-06-03, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

sorry to bump this thread but I just heard a great one one 98 rock "Lets hunt him down (saddam), and shoot him down!" (in to the tune of chumbawambas "Tubthumping"
found it as well enjoy
http://www.98online.com/ttunes_archive.html go to the bottom, and go up until you see "This guy won't go away. Our Tune, Saddam Thumping." Classic to say the least and a great tune for our hatred for Saddam.

Last edited by Rypro 525; 02-06-03 at 04:18 PM.