Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

speaker stands?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-02, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speaker stands?

Does using these make much of a difference in sound? Right now I am using bookshelfs as my fronts and rears. I have them sitting on top of boxes and shelfs. It looks kind of crapy and I am contemplating buying some stands but I want to know if it is worth it.
Old 12-26-02, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah get the speakers stands. If you get decent ones they'll make your speakers sound better. Especially considering they're sitting on boxes right now...

Plus they make your room look pretty. Having speakers on boxes is ugly.
Old 12-26-02, 12:32 PM

Originally posted by Joshic
Yeah get the speakers stands. If you get decent ones they'll make your speakers sound better. Especially considering they're sitting on boxes right now...

Plus they make your room look pretty. Having speakers on boxes is ugly.
They will make you're speakers sound better?? Maybe the correct height placememnt for them will help, but you can still do that with boxes.

I agree that they will indeed make you're room look more professional, and pleasing to the eye. They don't cost much, I only paid $65 Canadian for a nice 2 foot high speaker stand.
Old 12-26-02, 12:58 PM

I don't know about "decent" speaker stands making the speaker sound better, but if anything, you should be able to adjust the speakers to their proper heights. That should improve on the imaging of the sounds.

I have a pair of Furnitureworks stands for my rear satellites. The cables can be routed through the adjustable stand so it looks like a clean installation. Bought them for 80 at good guys.

If you want to go a bit more econo, i think ikea has some stands for around 20 or thirty dollars. The catch is that they are silver and may/may not match with your home theater setup.

good luck!
Old 12-26-02, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When I got my HT-S650 a few months back, I didn't want to spend any more money on speaker stands, either. I had this set of TV trays that I bought from Walmart a year or so earlier. The height is perfect for my setup, where the tweeters are at ear level. I'd like to get some stands eventually, but they aren't really a priority right now.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...duct_id=931771
Old 12-26-02, 08:56 PM
Premium Member

www.studiotech.com