Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Trade in games for a Gamecube?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-02, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trade in games for a Gamecube?

I'm just curious if anybody knows what kind of trade-in deals might be going around. I'm interested in getting a Cube (and eventually to be modded).. my option now is I can get one new pre-modded for like $200.. but if I can get a sweet deal I'm open to suggestions. Somebody was mentioning BBV the buy 2 get 1 free pre-owned games, and trading them in for new pre-orders.. any idea if a similar tactic would work to get a system?
Old 12-24-02, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know of any deals right now, but I'm sure some stores will be having % off everything sales in the next couple weeks. KMart and KB had the best deals last week, but both offers have ended.

I would not pay anyting extra for the mod.

Adding a country switch to the GameCube is extremely simple. A good quality switch costs about $3, and you only have to connect two wires to the GameCube motherboard. Very simple procedure, and there are detailed instructions on several web sites.
Old 12-24-02, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by tomwaits
I don't know of any deals right now, but I'm sure some stores will be having % off everything sales in the next couple weeks. KMart and KB had the best deals last week, but both offers have ended.

I would not pay anyting extra for the mod.

Adding a country switch to the GameCube is extremely simple. A good quality switch costs about $3, and you only have to connect two wires to the GameCube motherboard. Very simple procedure, and there are detailed instructions on several web sites.
Nice.. hook a brotha up with a link. I gots no problems doing my own mod.
Old 12-24-02, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try this one:

http://gamecubeland.com/index.php?page=modifying

I found another site with instructions on connecting the motherboard to the reset button. They say that you can use the reset button as a country select switch, but that sounds a little risky to me. I'd stick with a physical switch.

Good Luck.
Old 12-24-02, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts
I would take a look at www.ncsx.com. They offer pre-modded GameCubes for sale. Another thing you may want to look at is a product called Freeloader. It is a disc that will allow you to play GameCube games from different regions in a US console. It has a release date set of 01/07/03, and should be available at most retailers (EBX's web site ebgames.com does have it listed). This way you don't have to make any mods to you system.