Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : A Man Apart trailer (Vin Diesel)

SeanValen
12-20-02, 11:22 AM
A Man Apart trailer (Vin Diesel)
http://www.amanapartmovie.com/trailers/q_high.html

Next Spring, looks good, gritty, tough, suits Vin's style, good trailer as well.

:up:

gordon2
12-20-02, 12:56 PM
I saw this trailer before LOTR:TTT and I thought that it looked interesting. Definitely fits Vin's style.

joeydaninja
12-20-02, 06:11 PM
now that actually looked good.

nice to see lawrenz tate back.
haven't seen him in awhile.

The Antipodean
12-20-02, 07:07 PM
I dunno, trailer looked kind of terrible to me. Kind of movie Seagal or Van Damme would've starred in 10 years ago. And I'm really tired of the trailers that basically give the entire movie away like this one does.. :thmbsdwn:

SeanValen
12-21-02, 09:45 PM
The thing is, like Heat, the story of cops and robbers have been done before, but what made Heat so good? The way the characters weaved through the film, and the acting. Diesel's makes his characters very interesting to watch, and if its done well, then I'll be pleased, I know it won't be landmark film or anything, but a interesting one, especially for fans of the Diesel.

clemente
12-22-02, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Sierra Disc
I dunno, trailer looked kind of terrible to me. Kind of movie Seagal or Van Damme would've starred in 10 years ago. And I'm really tired of the trailers that basically give the entire movie away like this one does.. :thmbsdwn:

I was describing the trailer to my brother and it sounds exactly like Hard to Kill....Seagal, late 80's.

Granted, there's lots of movies with the same plot, its in the details that a movie breaks good or bad. However the eerie connection is worriesome! :)

cooper2000
12-23-02, 01:34 AM
Looked like just another Hollywood movie; One they manufactured for Diesel to give him the oppurtunity to stretch a his acting muscles (does he have any?)

Problem is, it just doesnt look like a good movie. Looks forced and gritty just for the sake of it.

I am surprised they didnt get Eminem or Marky Mark to star in the movie.

Vin Diesel is the Sylvester Stallone/Jean Claude Dame/ Michael Dudikoff of the new Millinium.

How many more roles can he play with just one facial expression??

zero
12-23-02, 01:43 AM
This movie looks interesting, despite it may look like a cliche, and one of those "Hollywood Movies". It looks better than T3.

Jackskeleton
12-23-02, 01:51 AM
I thought the trailer gave to much away. Now you know his women gets it and he's going at it with something personal.

Groucho
12-23-02, 02:16 AM
I was going to say the same thing as everybody else. Looks like an old Seagal movie. "They've taken away everything he loved, now Steven Seagal IS A Man Apart" (substitute any three words for "A Man Apart" and you can make another Seagal movie..."Out for Revenge," "Gunning for Baddies," "Eating Yummy Sushi," etc.

victant
12-23-02, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I thought the trailer gave to much away. Now you know his women gets it and he's going at it with something personal.

This describes at least 50% of the action movies in the 80's! ;)

FWIW, I saw it before the Two Towers started, and it had the crowd pretty riled up....

Tarantino
12-23-02, 05:30 AM
Can't stand Vin Diesel, won't see this movie.

"The things I'm gonna do for my country."

Geofferson
12-23-02, 10:27 AM
Could turn out to be good - we'll see though.

Dr. DVD
12-23-02, 12:50 PM
I hated this trailer along with virtually everything else that preceded TTT.

heavywear
12-23-02, 05:32 PM
I thought the trailer was unenticing. To be into the movie vin would have to act enough to have me care that his wife was killed. aint gonna happen, same old same old

meharry2003
12-23-02, 06:51 PM
I saw this movie at a test screening a long time ago. I thought that the movie was great. Very good acting and it was shot very well. The version I saw was complete. I think that many people will like this movie. It's a lot better than some of the garbage they are putting out now.