Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Are there any shops in L.A., comparable to NYC's Kim's, that sell reg 2, 3, 4 DVDs?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Are there any shops in L.A., comparable to NYC's Kim's, that sell reg 2, 3, 4 DVDs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-02, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been in San Bernadino, Temecula and San Diego on business and seeing family members the last few days, but I'll have a couple of hours to kill tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday) before meeting a friend for dinner in L.A.

Are there any good DVD shops in L.A., comparable to NYC's Kim's Video, that sell region 2, 3, or 4 discs?

THANKS in advance, Tony Block
Old 12-18-02, 02:56 PM
MiK
Cool New Member

Music Plaza in Koreatown sells Region 3 Korean and Korean-manufactured DVDs.

It's inside the Koreatown Plaza Mall, 3rd floor, located at the intersection of Western Ave and San Marino.

http://www.music-plaza.com/
Old 12-19-02, 03:08 AM

Originally posted by MiK
Music Plaza in Koreatown sells Region 3 Korean and Korean-manufactured DVDs.

It's inside the Koreatown Plaza Mall, 3rd floor, located at the intersection of Western Ave and San Marino.

http://www.music-plaza.com/
how are their prices? the site seems expensive.
Old 12-19-02, 10:47 AM
MiK
Cool New Member

Their site's not entirely accurate. Their prices are similar to online retailers. Sometimes cheaper. When JSA SE came out they were selling it on sale for 19.99. It's back up at 24.99 though. But hey, at least you save on the shipping costs.
Old 12-20-02, 12:04 PM

Amoeba Music on Sunset near the Cinerama dome has a section of import DVDs. The selection is varied -- they have TV shows and features. Most of them are region 2, PAL, British DVDs. They seem to be missing some really obvious choices as to what to stock, (they really should add French and Italian DVDs) but there are quite a few to choose from.

Cinephile on Santa Monica next to the Nuart has also developed a selection of import DVDs, and they have a small selection available for rental as well. They tend to have a better-edited selection than Amoeba.
Old 12-20-02, 01:38 PM

Originally posted by Bthoresen
Amoeba Music on Sunset near the Cinerama dome has a section of import DVDs. The selection is varied -- they have TV shows and features.
Amoeba Music! I was in Frisco 3 or 4 years back and this place is like the Mecca of preowned cd's and records, I mean it was wall to wall Music, me and my brother was there for like half the day.... Awesome Place.

About that place in NYC, where is Kim's located, and how are the prices? I'm particularly interested in Korean Movies... I checked out K_Town but this one place was asking $35 for No Blood No Tears, and Chinatown doesn't carry Korean Releases. Help...
Old 12-20-02, 05:31 PM
MiK
Cool New Member

I should have added that the K-town I was referring to in my post above is located in Los Angeles. Sorry if there was any confusion.

Mike