Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Can someone help me with Devil May Cry?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-02, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can someone help me with Devil May Cry?

I just started the game yesterday.

Having a hard time killing Shadow, that huge scorpion.

Is there a strategy to killing it?

What do I need to get before I even attempt it?

If I have to go back to the beginning, so be it, but, I desperately need some help.

Thanks
Old 12-16-02, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been a while since I've played, but I'll try and help you out.
He is only vulnerable in his face and back. What I did to finish him off easily(and I do mean easily - twice I finished him off in about 15 seconds) is Devil Trigger, jump on back, get in a few quick attacks with Alastor, jump off, run around avoiding all his crap, repeat. It's easy to avoid his fireballs and his jump, but his soulfire can be tough to avoid if you get caught running along a wall or column. If attacking him in his face(which is much easier to me), do the two slashes, then the quick stabs(attack twice, hold off for just a second in the attack, then repeatedly press attack), and jump back. It is possible to get in two sets of the attack, but chances are he will either block or severely damage you. The most important thing is, of course, the Devil Trigger. I remember he was a complete PITA the first few times I played him, so the next time I just ran in gung ho, attacked like a psycho, he died in about 15 seconds, and my friend went "HOLY SH*T!"
Old 12-16-02, 01:13 PM
Retired

BTW, his back is vulnerable when he's in scorpion form and his face is spider form.

Pay attention to which he's in and when he changes, or you won't do any good.
Old 12-16-02, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What is the deal with this game? I just bought it a few weeks ago, and it's extremely difficult for me.

I had to play that stupid scorpion thing like 20X before i could kill him.
Now I'm at this Lion "shadow" thing, and he's even more difficult.

Do I just need to practice more? Does it ease up any after these enemies?
Old 12-16-02, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
BTW, his back is vulnerable when he's in scorpion form and his face is spider form.

Pay attention to which he's in and when he changes, or you won't do any good.
Doh! Correct you are. I should have mentioned that.......

Zodo, DMC is a fairly difficult game, and it only gets harder as you get further. The lion you speak of is actually pretty easy to beat. What you need to do is load up the shotgun. When the shadow comes out, just start running and jumping around shooting it constantly. When it jumps up in the air and starts spinning, it is going to turn into a blade and fly at you. Jump out of the way when you see it start to spin, and it will simply fly right past you. After you shoot it with the shotgun for a bit, it will stop and open up its core. Quickly run up to it and attack the hell out of it. Repeat until it turns red - when it turns red, run away, because it will explode.
Old 12-16-02, 03:57 PM
Retired

Yeah, it's a tough game, even on the easy mode. I haven't played it for a while, kind of wish I'd spent my $20 elsewhere.

The combat gets old and repetitive, and it just gets too frustrating for me.
Old 12-16-02, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought it was easy but on normal it does get tuff near the end,I think the game is one of the best action games on the PS2,and as for help you gotta be quick in this game jumping alot and off walls while shooting mid-air is a must on just about every boss in the game,you can also buy healths which helps alot but you can only carry 2 at a time.

If you have 2 healths on you there is no reason you should die againts any of the bosses in this game,if your looking for a great game like this but a little easior try out Rygar another classic.
Old 12-16-02, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you have trouble with any bosses in the game, a simple method to take them out - holy water. Especially handy later in the game against Nightmare.....
Old 12-16-02, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And the hardness of the game isn't helped at all by the constantly changing (and very annoying) camera angles throughout the game. Look at Shinobi for awesome camera control.
Old 12-17-02, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I just got really annoyed last night by the whole save system. Why can't you just load it back up to where you saved it, instead of the beginning of the freakin level?

I killed that stupid Lion thing, but then I died against the end boss of the level...although I got extremely close to killing him, so I should be able to beat them both tonight.
Old 12-18-02, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by KingSmoth
If you have trouble with any bosses in the game, a simple method to take them out - holy water. Especially handy later in the game against Nightmare.....
I finally beat the bastard!

The holy water and devil sword was a strong combination.

Thank you all for the tips.

Of course, I started the next level and the ****er shows up again!

Here we go again.

Lampei- you are right, the camera controls are lousy.

That's why I had a hard time beating Shadow. There were times I couldn't see him to hit, or get out of his way. A couple of times his body was in front of the camera and I didn't know where I was.

Very frustrating.

Hopefully Devil May Cry two will have beter camera control.