John Doe 12/13/02

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

John Doe 12/13/02

Old 12-13-02, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
John Doe 12/13/02

A cat-n-mouse game episode.

I'm not quite sure it was intentional how plainly obvious who the bad guy was (maybe an homage to "The Usual Suspects" in some respects).

I still think Digger has a deeper past to him as well (like just why does he know stuff that conveniently helps Doe? Hmm....
Old 12-13-02, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So does anyone know if they're showing these episodes in order or what? Last week he was leaving to go to London for whatever reason and had a relationship starting with that girl on the plane. Now this week it's like it never happened.

Also, how many times do the people who know him need to act surprised when they find out 1) he's got a weird symbol branded on him or 2) that he's color-blind?

Also, if the killer in tonights episode was so concerned with John Doe figuring out all the puzzles by himself, why'd he just hand him the answer to the "Blue Light Special ATF PR" clue?
Old 12-13-02, 11:15 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
I wasn't really paying attention during the last half hour, if it was anything like the first half I didn't miss much. I think the show is much better when it has the focus on him and his past, when they do a filler episode it's just not that good.
Old 12-13-02, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thaught tonight's show was pretty good!

I'm assuming this episode will be resolved at a later date??..We didn't get the customary "to be continued"... so I was just wondering

PS..This Purcell guy is a very likable actor....I've never heard of him b4 this show but I think he plays his role perfectly
Old 12-14-02, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who knew Eugene Victor Tooms was a John Doe?
Old 12-14-02, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought tonight's episode was good. The killer was really obvious though.

Originally posted by Tscott
Also, if the killer in tonights episode was so concerned with John Doe figuring out all the puzzles by himself, why'd he just hand him the answer to the "Blue Light Special ATF PR" clue?
He gave him that clue, because it was a trap. There was a bomb in the strip club.
Old 12-14-02, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by dgmayor
Who knew Eugene Victor Tooms was a John Doe?
Thank you!!! My husband swore I was crazy when I said that guy was Tooms!!!
Old 12-14-02, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doug Hutchinson
Old 12-14-02, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Tscott
So does anyone know if they're showing these episodes in order or what? Last week he was leaving to go to London for whatever reason and had a relationship starting with that girl on the plane. Now this week it's like it never happened.
This IS FOX we're talking about so that means we'll see the season premiere a couple weeks after the season finale.

Anyways...this was a good ep. Glad to see William Forsythe in it for more than his usual glorified cameo. And Stella...
Old 12-16-02, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought this episode sucked it was boring and predictable as soon as i saw it was "Tooms" I knew he was the bad guy (seriously this guy has been typecast) plus he kept showing up when they were discussing the clue and was helping them with clues!? Seriously the writers for this show have a severe lack of talent when they feed us this kind of crap! I liked this show at first but now it is more of a laugher. I do wish they would spend more time on J.D. and his past cause some of these episode have really been weak lately. I like the one a few weeks back when he went "home" but this episode was just kindling! Of course that is just one guys opinion.
Old 12-16-02, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by teddydogg
I thought this episode sucked it was boring and predictable as soon as i saw it was "Tooms" I knew he was the bad guy (seriously this guy has been typecast) plus he kept showing up when they were discussing the clue and was helping them with clues!? Seriously the writers for this show have a severe lack of talent when they feed us this kind of crap! I liked this show at first but now it is more of a laugher. I do wish they would spend more time on J.D. and his past cause some of these episode have really been weak lately. I like the one a few weeks back when he went "home" but this episode was just kindling! Of course that is just one guys opinion.
I agree, that guy has been completely typecast and it ruined the whole episode for me, too.