Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

newbie sims deluxe question

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-02, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newbie sims deluxe question

when i start the game, it does some calculations? or something. such as, "inverting ladder" (not quite sure). anyway, it takes a couple of minutes. is this normal?

i've also read that getting other add-ons can induce slow downs. can someone explain a little more on how it slows it down? startup? actual gameplay?
Old 12-13-02, 01:30 PM
Mod Emeritus

It's a running joke since Sim City 2000's "reticulating splines" loading goofy stuff messages. I think it's their funny take on some of the funny load up messages from the older days of games. The Sims Online beta has some hilarious load up messages.
Old 12-13-02, 02:18 PM

Speaking of the Sims online, anyone had any installation problems with it? I cant get it to install. I updated all my drivers and they are certified and I still cant get it to install. My wife is about to have a fit because I cant get it to work. Someone help me make my wife happy LOL
Old 12-31-02, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

GratefulDave, did you ever get your Sims Online to work? We bought it a couple days ago and still havent been able to get it to finish loading. It kills over at 99% saying it has a corrupt cabinet file. We've called the number given in the book, talked to the online people at simsonline.com and still it wont work, of course, I never received the promised email help from the online people. Please, let me know. I'd like to get the game to work.
Old 12-31-02, 03:53 PM

I never got it to work, for that reason, Ive yet to buy it for my wife as it would be money wasted if I cant get it to install. Sorry Idge
Old 01-01-03, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

heh. I remember the lucas arts sim game called afterlife that had great loading screens involving different % ages. I might have to install it this weekend just to see those screens.
Old 02-08-03, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just recently got the Sims Deluxe. I made a Sim and moved into a house. My brother wants to play too, but I am in the house he wants. Is there a way he can start off with where I'm at or he can't without deleting me?

Also, I hreard that I should install the expansion packs in the order of which came out first. Does anyone know the order?Thank you!

Last edited by princessducky; 02-08-03 at 10:32 AM.