Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Men Attack Musician Moby Outside Nightclub

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-02, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.local6.com/sh/entertainme...112132002&ts=H

Musician Invites Alleged Attackers To Respond On Web Site
Posted: 8:54 a.m. EST December 13, 2002
Updated: 10:37 a.m. EST December 13, 2002

Alternative musician Moby says he has "big bruises and stitches" after being attacked outside a Boston nightclub after a performance Thursday night.

Moby wrote on his Web site that he believes it was three men who attacked him from behind after he left the Paradise club. The musician said he was signing autographs for fans when he was suddenly punched from behind and sprayed with Mace by the men.

He first assumed he was caught in a bar fight that spilled out of the club, but soon discovered the attack was directed at him.

"After being punched in the head from behind a few times I turned around to see what was going on, and one of them punched me in the face a couple of times and then they all ran away. So now I'm sitting here bloody and beaten up and waiting to file a police report," Moby wrote on his Web site.

The artist invited his attackers to respond to his statement on his Web site, and anonymously describe the fight on the site's boards. From their perspective, Moby simply wants to know why the men attacked him.

"The assault could've been a lot worse. But I'm very curious as to why three men would coordinate an attack on me? You know, three against one? And the 'one' in question is me, hardly the most physically threatening person in the world," Moby wrote.

Moby also wrote that he does not feel vindictive over the incident.

"Not to sound weird or wimpy, but I'm a pacifist. I believe in forgiveness. I just hope that at some point in these guys' lives they come to realize that hurting other people is wrong," Moby wrote.

The musician hit it big in 1999 when he sold 10 million copies of his album "Play."

This wouldn't surprise me if this was a mistaken "gay" bashing, even though Moby himself has said that he is straight.

Well regardless, anytime you "cold cock" (no pun intended) someone from behind and outnumber him 3 to 1, you are SUCK! (pun intended)

Chris
Old 12-13-02, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moby is one of the most heterosexual guys around. This is stupid. The first thing that popped into my head was that these guys were brainless Eminem fans. not that ALL Eminem fans feel this way about Moby - just the brainless ones.

It was probably just some thrill seekers however, trying to get close to a star.

Either way, with the absolute BOMB of Moby's "18", can he really be called a star anymore?
Old 12-13-02, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
I liked 18 as much as Play. Who cares how many copies an album sold? If sales determine the quality of a CD, leave me at the door.
Old 12-13-02, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If this traces back to Mr. Mathers, whether by simple moron influence or by (not bloody likely) something direct...man, I'll just puke.

I'm not even a Moby fan, but this is truly reprehensible.
Old 12-13-02, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
that SUCKS! What a bunch of punk asses!

I agree it's probably "some young wiggers" who worship emenim(sp?)
Old 12-13-02, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah 3 on 1, those guys are big now

And if this is an Eminem thing I think even Eminem will say this was dumb.

But I'm sure it was just a couple of drunk guys that said "hey we have chance to beat up a star that we don't like, dawg"
Old 12-14-02, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I think it was 3 vegans who were pissed at Moby for giving them a bad name.
Old 12-15-02, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked 18 too - my point is that Moby has been WAY under the radar for the past year or so - except for the press that Eminem has given him with their "beef".