Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Jedi Outcast (GC) or Kingdom Hearts (PS2).

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-02, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

I have Jedi Outcast sealed from Best Buy. I'm buying all three consoles (GC will be here tomorrow and I already have 11 games for it plus the Metroid that's coming in the shipment) and the PS2 I'm picking up next week along with the XBOX.

I found Animal Crossing at Blockbuster so I'm returning Animal Crossing and picking up Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Should I keep Jedi Outcast or exchange it for Kingdom Hearts?
Old 12-12-02, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Jedi Outcast (GC) or Kingdom Hearts (PS2).

Originally posted by GatorDeb
I have Jedi Outcast sealed from Best Buy. I'm buying all three consoles (GC will be here tomorrow and I already have 11 games for it plus the Metroid that's coming in the shipment) and the PS2 I'm picking up next week along with the XBOX.

I found Animal Crossing at Blockbuster so I'm returning Animal Crossing and picking up Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Should I keep Jedi Outcast or exchange it for Kingdom Hearts?
A quick sidenote here: from what i've heard most of the used copies of AC from BB do not have the memory card in them anymore. This isn't a huge deal but an AC game will take up a full 59 block memory card and the one that comes packaged with the game includes a gift from Nintendo with 2 NES games and a KK Slider song on it for your house in the game.
Old 12-12-02, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I checked out Jedi Outcast for the GC and was less than impressed with the single player mode. The multiplayer/fight Bots with the light saber may have been interesting, but the main story line single player part did not excite me (compared to Prime and other games for the GC).

Can't speak to the PS2 version or Kingdom Hearts as currently I only have a GC and a DC.
Old 12-12-02, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

xmiyux I didn't know it came with stuff. I have the mem card that has over 200 blocks and most games require 1-5, so space isn't an issue.

Do you think if I buy a card and send it to Nintendo telling them I bought it used that they will fill it up for me?

Now I don't know what to do, I can't return the used copy and I want the stuff

Is there a password to unlock the stuff in the game that Nintendo could give me?
Old 12-12-02, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I rented Jedi for XBOX and while it was fun.. needless to say when I returned it I wasn't missing much.. and since you already have Metroid Prime you'll have enough First Person Shooting to tide you over.

Kigdom Hearts, from what I played, was fun.. even if the overly "I' SOOOO dramatic LOOKATME" Square plotline and cinematics made me want to vomit.. and if you're a Disney fan, you'll get a huge kick out of the Disney stuff.. Donald and Goofy rule in this game!! There also seemed to be a lot more to actually "do" as opposed to other Square games.. but I only got about 3 hours into it as I don't own a PS2 and played it at a friends house.

So I would say.. from a gaming point of view.. Kingdom Hearts for a solo game, Jedi for multiplayer (which WAS very fun, running around as a Storm Trooper with a light saber and force lightning!).. or look at how much you like FPS compared to RPG.. or if that doesn't matter, are you more a Star Wars fan or a Disney fan?

(looks at post.. damn I'm bored)
Old 12-12-02, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm more of a Disney fan and I totally love RPGs more than FPS's... so I guess that answers my question

(My GC library: Mario Sunshine, Pikmin, 007: Agent under Fire, Wave Race: Blue Storm, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Mario Party 4, and Harry Potter (the 11th is Jedi Outcast)).

&#*@7#* to having to buy the PS2 for Vice City. Argh. I have to look at that exclusive titles thread to see what's available.

Now what about the memory card issue?

Last edited by GatorDeb; 12-12-02 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-12-02, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Blockbuster takes returns on games, don't they? I know they have a guarantee on the games, not sure if you can exchange it for a different title...
Old 12-12-02, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You cannot exchange them or get your money back.
Old 12-12-02, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You cannot exchange them or get your money back.
bummer...
Old 12-12-02, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't have a PS2, but if I had the option of one or the other, it would be Kingdom Hearts in a nanosecond.
Old 12-12-02, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
I'm more of a Disney fan and I totally love RPGs more than FPS's... so I guess that answers my question

It does indeed. I'm a big Disney fan and the thrill I first felt when my character hooked up with Goofy and Donald for the first time and started kickin' butt together was amazing. You won't be disappointed, it's a really fun game -- top production values.
Old 12-12-02, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
You'll like Kingdom hearts more then Jedi Outcast.

but since you have 11 games already for a gc.. why even care what you are going to get if you have plenty on your plate as it is.
Old 12-13-02, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This has to last me for about a year, though, I don't plan on buying any more games until then
Old 12-13-02, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I'd go for Kingdom Hearts. It's a pretty cool game. More of an action-adventure game then an RPG (the combat is real time jumping around hacking stuff, not taking turns).

Not as easy as you'd think. The different Disney worlds are pretty cool. Goofy's practically immortal. Donald, on the other hand ...

Last edited by Ginwen; 12-13-02 at 09:59 AM.