Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

ntsc, rce

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-02, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ntsc, rce

hi out there to all im new here so please forgive me if the questions i ask sound stupid to all you smart ones

i have a dvd player which is a goodmans it is supposed to play dvd from the states my dvd says it plays ntsc dvd which i take it they are from the states my prob is i recently purchassed 2 dvd from america on amazon.com 1 is spiderman which when i try to play comes up with the rce warning so it wont play and the other is ice age the latest release of it, but it does not give a rce warning it just says on the front of the dvd player c code and on the screen incorect region code but on the box it says ntsc can anyone help me get round these probs or is my best bet just to sell them

thanks for your help in advance
Old 12-10-02, 05:51 PM

Your player will only play DVDs from other regions if it has been modified to do so - this meaning that you, being in the UK, may well have purchased a DVD player that will play only R2 discs - not R1 (US), R3 (China and HK) or R4 (Australasia and Sth America).

Merely having the ability to play both NTSC and PAL formatted discs means nothing other than the fact you will be able to play DVDs from Japan which are still R2 but are NTSC format as opposed to the usual R2 PAL format... I think you will find that most players in PAL regions probably handle NTSC as well.

Hope this helps answer your question.

regards, Tim...
Old 12-11-02, 06:23 PM

I have never heard of Goodman players, but you might want to have a look at this forum, perhaps you can find a solution to your problem there ... http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/search...dman&Forum=176