Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Splinter Cell on Sale at CompUSA???

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-08-02, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posts I read earlier in the week said that CompUSA would be selling Splinter Cell for $34.99 this week, but their flyer doesn't mention it. TimeSplitters 2 is the only Xbox game I see for $34.99.

Anybody got any extra info on this?
Old 12-08-02, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

at compusa.com they list it for $44.95. I notice that since the $10 rebate is no longer on splinter cell at circuit city they mysteriously have them in stock again. That was cheesy. Mine is in the mail from them, hope a couple others got in on it too though.
Old 12-08-02, 11:22 AM

Comp USA is usually the sleaziest when it come to adds and prices so I would not put it past them to pull a game from the shelves that is on sale somewhere else so they dont have to match the price. Once a while back when they had a sale on a microsoft book I wanted they made up a special SCU# and put it on a few copies of the book but the other 10 copies that they had on the shelf with out the sticker where regular price even though they were the exact same book that was pictured in the ad.. I don't buy anything at Comp USA unless it is at an increadible price and even then I usually try to price match at another store since I don't want to support Comp USA
Old 12-08-02, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i just want to agree that comp usa has to be the worst store to do business with.

i ALMOST bougth a printer cable from them. i asked "if it is too short,can i return bring it and PURCHASE a longer one"

they said "sure" but you would have to pay a restocking fee...

i am sure most of you know this, there re-stocking fee policy, but i just wanted to remind everyone

considering that Circuit City ADVERTISES that there is not re-stocking fee, it shows how important this is to most consumer who are not out to screw the store over, but to buy what they need.

i never buy from compusa
Old 12-08-02, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Splinter Cell on Sale at CompUSA???

Originally posted by jabbas
Posts I read earlier in the week said that CompUSA would be selling Splinter Cell for $34.99 this week, but their flyer doesn't mention it. TimeSplitters 2 is the only Xbox game I see for $34.99.

Anybody got any extra info on this?
Someone incorrectly posted it was Splinter Cell instead of Timesplitters 2 in some thread on one of the deal boards. Then people kept reposting it on other boards with the same mistake. It's always just been TS 2 that was on sale, not Splinter Cell.