Reload this Page >

John Doe 12/06 AKA The Boring Crap Episode

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 12-06-02, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a horrible episode this was. I've liked every other episode, but this one was so boring. What was with them locking him in the bathroom after he saved all of their lives just because he was running through there screaming for the lady. They all ganged up on him and started calling him the killer. WTF?
Old 12-06-02, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
While the "whodunit" was a bit too easily telegraphed, the "MacGuyver in the air" episode of John Doe was okay. I did enjoy the return of Gabrielle Anwar in this episode, she has an endearing quality about her (still remember her in "Scent of a Woman").

This was a "breather" episode in that no really progress was made as John's past, but all in all, needed a bit of dramamine, but it was a good episode.
Old 12-06-02, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Gotta agree with Blaster1. I thought the same thing regarding him getting bum rushed into the bathroom.

But I am gonna try that after shave/water thingie.
Old 12-06-02, 11:15 PM
Banned

This show is still on?
Old 12-07-02, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was surprised to see the promo for this show. Good thing i was watching a re-run of Sienfield today or i would have missed FireFly (er... I mean john Doe).

I liked the episode up until the bathroom bumrush. I thought who the killer turned out to be was lame. I suspected him/her from their first scene.
Old 12-07-02, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i missed the 1st 30minute of JD, could someone filled me in why was JD going to london?
Old 12-07-02, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They never really explained why he was going. There was a brief mention that he wanted to find out who he was and try to find clues, but I also think he said he was going on vacation.
Old 12-07-02, 02:10 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
I'm pretty sure he said he was going on vacation. I thought it was an ok episode. His reaction after he brought the plane back up was funny. I agree the throwing him in the bathroom scene was stupid.

The thing that bugs me, maybe I'm watching to much CSI, is when he found the murder weapon under the seat he just rips the thing out from underneath it and gets his fingerprints all over it. Then he moved the dead body in the bathroom and got his prints all over that room to. For a guy who knows everything he acts pretty dumb sometimes.
Old 12-07-02, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i've gotta agree with everyone here pretty much. It was a decent episode until they locked him in the bathroom. I mean how freaking stupid is that? Made zero sense whatsoever.

I mean lets see, he identified how the person was killed, found the thing that killed him, found the transmitter, found the location of where the transmitter was used, fixed the door to the cabin to rescue the pilot, and even flew the plane to save everyone's lives. Then they say he's the killer and try to lock him up?? Horrible writing.

I used to watch Firefly because it was on before John Doe, now I think I'm watching John Doe just because it comes on after Firefly, the real show I'm now tuning in for.
Old 12-07-02, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by dgmayor
I mean lets see, he identified how the person was killed, found the thing that killed him, found the transmitter, found the location of where the transmitter was used, fixed the door to the cabin to rescue the pilot, and even flew the plane to save everyone's lives. Then they say he's the killer and try to lock him up?? Horrible writing.
I overall liked the episode, but there were some real problems.

1. What has already been said about locking him in the restroom. I just kept thinking it was some sort of reverse "deus ex machina" -- something improbable thrown in to fill the hour and maybe throw a little "tension" in.

2. Can he please stop narrating the episode with WAY too much know-it-all information? If you're going to be MacGuyver, be MacGuyver, but stop it with the extraneous facts.

3. The killer and his homicidal reasoning. Stupid. I mean, just really dumb.
Old 12-07-02, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same here. I didn't mind the episode ... most of it was pretty enjoyable. The bathroom thing and the motive of the killer were both top-notch lameness.

I've wondered what the hell happened to Gabrielle Anwar. She appears here and there in commercials and stupid TV/STV movies, but that's it. I figured after Scent of a Woman and For Love or Money, she'd become a pretty big star, but Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead is the last big thing I remember seeing her in, and even that was pretty low profile.

It's hard to watch this show because half of the "smart" thing John Doe does are incredibly unrealisitc or just flat inaccurate, but for Friday night escapism, I don't really mind.

das
Old 12-07-02, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by das Monkey
It's hard to watch this show because half of the "smart" thing John Doe does are incredibly unrealisitc or just flat inaccurate, but for Friday night escapism, I don't really mind.
Any examples from last night? I know that there have been examples in previous episodes.
Old 12-08-02, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
Same here. I didn't mind the episode ... most of it was pretty enjoyable. The bathroom thing and the motive of the killer were both top-notch lameness.

I concur - these were the only real problems I had w/ it, too. I was also happy to see Gabrielle Anwar. Is this the only ep she will be in?
Old 12-08-02, 09:57 PM

i liked it, at least he has a woman now!
Old 12-09-02, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't bother watching this one. Was it pretty much devoid of any new info or revelations? Just a story?
Old 12-09-02, 12:01 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally posted by Professor Frink
Was it pretty much devoid of any new info or revelations?
Yes