Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Just bought a HDTV (Sony KV-36HS500)

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-02, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After weeks and weeks of researching and looking at sets I finally purchased a HDTV. I went back and forth over 4:3 v 16:9 RP v direct view. I decided on the Sony KV-36HS500 and it was delivered yesterday.

I am even more impressed with it now that its in my living room. I didnt really know what to expect from my satellite reception. I have heard a lot of complaints about the picture looking worse on a HD set. Not the case here. For the most part there is significant improvement over my analog set.

There were a few shows where i noticed some slight blurring, but nothing horrible.

I was totally blown away when I put Attack of the Clones in the dvd player. My jaw just hit the floor. It was like looking into a mirror. I dont have a progressive dvd player either. I was using my PS2. The picture still looked so good, Im not sure I could even see the difference with progressive scan.

Normally, my wife and I would not know a good picture from a bad picture. Attack of the Clones looked so dang impressive we could not believe we were watching a movie.

Im glad I chose this set over some of the RP WS sets I was looking at.
Old 12-05-02, 01:43 PM

Congrats! Direct view TVs will look better than RPTVs, but when it comes to HD, they both give you the same stunning picture quality. I have both 53" RPTV and 34" direct view 16:9 sets.
Old 12-05-02, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Just bought a HDTV (Sony KV-36HS500)

Originally posted by cycy
It was like looking into a mirror.
So what Attack of the Clones character do you look like?
Old 12-05-02, 09:01 PM
Defunct Account

I bought the same TV the week before Thanksgiving, and it hasn't arrived yet. After reading your review, I'm getting really impatient!

-Videophile