Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

24 hour 6 12/3/02 read at your own risk (warning BIG spoiler in tv guide, dont read)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 hour 6 12/3/02 read at your own risk (warning BIG spoiler in tv guide, dont read)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-02, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well if anyone is intersted here is what the tv guide said (unless you want to know what happens, do not read at all)
Spoiler:
Finesse rather than force is required once jack and nina reach visalia, palmer directs his chief of staff to investigate sherry's charge (so this means that she returns this week)
Old 12-03-02, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just watched the episode.
Spoiler:
Reza says it was Bob Warner that put the money into the terrorist's account at the end of the episode.
Old 12-03-02, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Spoiler:
which person is bob warner

btw, once the episode airs, dont use spoiler tags for this episode, only for the prieview.
Old 12-03-02, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Spoiler:
He is the girl that is getting married's dad.
Old 12-03-02, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Spoiler:
so hes the old man at the house , and do they mention sherry being involved in the episode. im just trying to figure this out since im still watching the first season with my dad.
Old 12-03-02, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Spoiler:
Sherry is the President's ex wife. I didn't watch the first season so I'm just going by what they said this episode. Apparently they don't get along very well. Sherry comes to tell him that the military was moving out of Los Angeles and that people that are working for the President are working against him.
Old 12-03-02, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

thanks
Old 12-03-02, 08:59 PM

Pretty solid episode. Kim's boyfriend conveniently being a marshall arts guy was a bit much, but her storyline wasn't as bad as is typical (which isn't the same as saying good, but not instead less annoying).

The ending was great, I thought. Acting from Jack and Nina were spot on. Palmer as always was good, too.
Old 12-03-02, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Entertaining.

Good to see Jack being creative. That being said - they really need a new script writer for the females of the cast, they all play robots. Aside from that though, entertaining.

thought, the next episode preview had me laughing.

Spoiler:
"I'm dying John."
dunno why that's so funny, but something about the name John or Johnny in that situation seems to pop up a lot.
Old 12-03-02, 09:01 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Good episode. Jack sure is a ruthless SOB.
Old 12-03-02, 09:03 PM
Suspended

Some points -
*I thought it was kinda of predictable that Bob Warner turned out to be the one with terrorist involvement.
*I enjoyed the Kim / Miguel subplot this time.. I'm glad Miguel drop-kicked the abusing father.
*Looks like the abusing father is in on the whole thing.
Old 12-03-02, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
posted in the old thread by mistaek:

i didnt read this thread but i just gotta say that these writers must be sexist. every woman on this show is either stupid or evil except for ensign ro but she just hasnt had the chance yet.

kim's storylines are so stupid, i wish they'd kill of the character
Old 12-03-02, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Blaster1
Spoiler:
Sherry is the President's ex wife. I didn't watch the first season so I'm just going by what they said this episode. Apparently they don't get along very well. Sherry comes to tell him that the military was moving out of Los Angeles and that people that are working for the President are working against him.
yeah, she was a subplot in season one. basically she manipulated the president (but he wanst president then). she lied and did tons of evil stuff...like the typical female role in 24
Old 12-03-02, 09:13 PM
Banned

Question.Was it Nina or Jack that poisoned the agent?At first i thought it was Nina,but then
Spoiler:
i saw the preview and she said Jack poisoned him.I am starting to believe she may be right.I mean Jack wanted to do this thing alone,and he may of drugged the agent so that he won't get in his way.
Well it was a good episode.I had a feeling it was Bob Warner that was involved with the terrorists.Maybe he and Nina are working together.But that's just a guess.The karate scene between Miguel and the abusing father was kind of far fetched,but i still liked it anyway.Can't wait for next weeks episode.I bet you Palmer's wife is someway involved in one of these things,or at least trying to ruin him in some way.
Old 12-03-02, 09:17 PM

It was Jack. He gave the agent the water bottle. It was all very clear the way Jack handled him as he passed out and had the **** eating grin on his face.
Old 12-03-02, 09:24 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Darkfrog
It was Jack. He gave the agent the water bottle. It was all very clear the way Jack handled him as he passed out and had the **** eating grin on his face.
I wonder who's gonna get blamed for that. Jack sure is a ruthless SOB.
Old 12-03-02, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

pretty good episode all around. Next week's looks awesome, I can't wait!
Old 12-03-02, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by CitizenKaneRBud
Some points -
*I thought it was kinda of predictable that Bob Warner turned out to be the one with terrorist involvement.

Are you sure he is? Couldn't Resa be framing him?

*Looks like the abusing father is in on the whole thing.

Not sure how you've come to that conclusion. Evidence/arguments?
Old 12-03-02, 10:02 PM

What an awesome episode, very amusing, i loved when the guy did the jack move on the lcd monitor, i was lmao, and that boy can fight, i knew it was the dad, haha i just had a feeling, but great episode!
Old 12-03-02, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I'm gonna have to go back to make sure I saw the same episode you guys saw. "Solid"? A solid piece of cr*p maybe.

Enough with Kim, that ANNOYING little girl & her sidekick Bruce Lee. Kill 'em already. Or better yet, let the responsibilty of disarming the bomb fall on them. Bruce would be required to give it a few roundhouse kicks while that little girl is staring in a daze crying and Kim conveniently loses her clothing and has to bounce around. Unfortunately, it's all for nothing as they all die. SLOWLY. And viewers their slow painless death as their flesh melts away from their skin and [insert any other painful method of torture you can think of...] as punishment for making America sit through this ridiculous plot line.

Oh yeah, come to think about it, put the wedding banquet somewhere in there too.

If only they'd concentrate on Jack & Palmer. Although
Spoiler:
I am glad to see George doing more than arguing with Jack next week.
[Not really sure if that counts as a spoiler...]

Having said all this, I look forward to next week's ep.
Old 12-03-02, 10:16 PM
Cool New Member

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember a mention around episode 2 or 3 that the abusing dad (sorry forgot his name) was heading to a wedding of his bosses daughter later in the day. If I'm correct, this would be the connection between the two stories. Can anyone confirm if I am correct? I didn't save the other episodes.
Old 12-03-02, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not sure Bob Warner is involved either. It seemed too predictable for Reiza(?). No, I think it's someone else....
Old 12-03-02, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
When Jack pulled out the gun and started firing towards Nina's head, I was stoked.
Old 12-03-02, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
There's a show next week!

So, was the "OMG" moment when Jack popped 2 slugs into the wall behind Nina, or when Miller passes out from the mickey that Jack slipped in, and then Jack look at Nina, almost with a wry smile (Heh heh heh...). Or was it when Reza gives up Bob Warner (I knew he was in on the terrorism angle, and using Reza as the fall guy)?

I still hate the Kim storyline with a passion, and it takes up like 1/3 of the show. What's with Miguel knowing all that martial arts to put down the abusive dad? Sheesh!

Palmer and Lady McPalmer, what a way to put David in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" position.

This show is a hoot!
Old 12-04-02, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
It was a good, not great episode. I am totally over the Kim nonsense, the writers seem to act like we should think this is suspenseful when it's just silly and a huge dropoff in quality in the show whenever they switch to this stupid subplot.

...I have to somewhat agree with the poster above who mentioned the show's sexism. Whether or not it's intentional, it really is starting to feel like every woman on the show is a bimbo or an evil bitch. The President's aide is about the only decent woman character. Kim's a moron, the girl's a whining twit, Lady Palmer is evil, Nina is evil, the girl who's getting married is a selfish idiot and her sister, while well-intentioned, is also somewhat dense. I dunno, I guess all the male characters are somewhat cartoony testosterone freaks when you think about it too, but it is starting to feel like the women on this show get a bit of a short end of the stick.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.