Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boston Public 12/2/02

Harper in chains.
Old 12-02-02, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just saw the early version of it. Spoilers ahead:

Spoiler:
Harper gets off. Basically what happens is that the new teacher realizes that the father's kid is hiding something. She tells Ronnie, who finds out that he went there to kill Harper. Then the kid tells her that he had been having some physical problems. Ronnie gets the autospy done again, and it turns out that he died of a heart attack. The charges are dropped against Harper, with prejudice.

Spoiler:
Hanson finds out that one of his daredevil students is being molested by a priest. The same priest, that we find out in the last minute of the show, that molested Hanson years before
Old 12-02-02, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
Just saw the early version of it.
Spoiler:
Wait...he died? When did that happen? I swore he was in a coma.

And that priest storyline...how...uh, predictable! I guess I'm just suprised they didn't do that plot already.

Well, that's what I get for reading spoilers.
Old 12-02-02, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oops...sorry my fault:

Spoiler:
The father also dies in the show! (You probably figured that out by now!)
Old 12-02-02, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The resolution for Stephen's case was kinda lame, hardly any real tension.

The kid and the priest story was just yucky. Maybe Danny will revisit the priest later.

Ronnie was looking good in those tight tops.
Old 12-02-02, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Hopefully Danny saw the episode of the Practice where one altar boy sued another for not disclosing the fact that the priest was a molester.
Old 12-02-02, 08:23 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
I'm just happy we're not going to spend the next 6 episodes on the Harper trial.
Old 12-02-02, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
True. Now if only something can be done about Brooke's tear duct problem...
Old 12-02-02, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

good episode, i'm pretty sure they'll revisit the priest storyline

the lipshitz thing was over the top. a bunch of professionals dont have time to come into school during the day to console an old teacher. it would have made more sense if it was one or two who he impacted a lot
Old 12-02-02, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since Harry Senate is gone, Brooke is now my most hated BP character. What a selfish bitch! "What about me?" She says. Who cares! Move to Florida with Senate for all I care!
Old 12-02-02, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Venusian
good episode, i'm pretty sure they'll revisit the priest storyline
Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that Father Egan or whoever he was will make a return visit.

Brooke actually wasn't too annoying. The NKOTB youngin' was. Since when did he care about Lipshitz?

Nice to see the storyline end quickly, though. Very "Alias"-like, with a cliffhanger that's quickly resolved by the end of the next episode. Too bad there's another 2 weeks wait for the next new episode.
Old 12-02-02, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

well the nkotb had an encounter with lipshitz last week where he made fun of him and then felt bad, so it kinda ties in with that
Old 12-03-02, 07:36 AM
Banned

Okay episode.The Harper on trial thing i knew was gonna end.They don't wanna spend the rest of the season on that.Okay that's gone.Now the priest thing was predictable.Hanson some time in the next couple of episodes will revisit the priest and the priest will probably get arrested.The Ronnie and the Zack thing has got to go.And i liked the Lipshitz thing at the end when the nkotb teacher showed him all the people he made a difference for.
Old 12-03-02, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Decent episode. Not really a whole lot that can be said about it beyond that Lipshitz's character is really becoming a little to soft for me.
Old 12-03-02, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, what a bunch of cynics! What if you were in high school and your dad was looking at a prison sentence? You wouldn't ask him to take the easy way out to guarantee that he doesn't go to jail? Hardly a selfish bitch

I actually thought the way they got the trial dismissed made sense, even though it didn't make for a very interesting story. But the show has always been so over the top, it's about time they resolved something realistically. It was more believable to me for him to die of a heart attack than banging his head on a desk. But I'm not so sure about the point of him having gone into a coma.

As for little Joey caring about Lipschultz, he's trying to make up for repeatedly embarrassing him. I agree that scene was ridiculous with all the success stories coming to the school. He got all those people together in one day? puh-lease
Old 12-03-02, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

whoa, I didn't see the Danny-priest thing coming. It'll be interesting to see how they revisit it later on. Pretty decent episode.
Old 12-03-02, 02:07 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Why didn't the prest recognize Danny when he first ent to the church? He just happened to after? Or was he acting like he didn't know him?
Old 12-03-02, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Everybody basically said something I was going to, so I'll just say it was a great episode
Old 12-03-02, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by Roto
I actually thought the way they got the trial dismissed made sense, even though it didn't make for a very interesting story. But the show has always been so over the top, it's about time they resolved something realistically. It was more believable to me for him to die of a heart attack than banging his head on a desk. But I'm not so sure about the point of him having gone into a coma.
But the guy died in the hospital, presumably in ICU. Isn't it somewhat lame that the hospital and doctors, with all their monitoring equipment, didn't pick up on the difference betrween a heart attack and a blow-to-head-induced coma? I find that unbelievable.

Had the guy died away from medical treatment, I could see that mistake being made initially, and found in more detailed autopsy, but I can't see it being made in an ICU treating the guy.
Old 12-03-02, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by OldDude
But the guy died in the hospital, presumably in ICU. Isn't it somewhat lame that the hospital and doctors, with all their monitoring equipment, didn't pick up on the difference betrween a heart attack and a blow-to-head-induced coma? I find that unbelievable.

Had the guy died away from medical treatment, I could see that mistake being made initially, and found in more detailed autopsy, but I can't see it being made in an ICU treating the guy.
That's what I meant about not understanding the point of putting him in a coma. He should've just been DOA. They said he was in a coma at the end of the previous episode, so maybe they came up with the heart problem too late, or they hadn't quite decided to kill him off.

And as for the Danny/Priest thing, I thought that was just plain stupid the way they slowly revealed it. He went to talk to Harper about the priest and all he says is that he went to that church as a kid and remembers hearing stories? That just seems way out of character to have that kind of self restraint. I would more expect him to sucker punch him when they first met at the church. I think even worse was the priest not recognizing Danny at all the first time, but he sure did the next time.
Old 12-03-02, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by GizmoDVD
Why didn't the prest recognize Danny when he first ent to the church? He just happened to after? Or was he acting like he didn't know him?
I got the impression that he did remember him and that is why he asked him if he was going to stick around for mass and danny said, "No, I don't go to church anymore." Or whatever it was he said in reply. I think there was something under the surface there.
Old 12-03-02, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Danny definitely lost his faith in the church after his "run-in" with the priest.
Old 12-03-02, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought it was ironic that the kid was hanging off of flagpoles and then we find out he had been taking the flagpole.

And did you guys notice this show had an actual "jump the shark" moment. Okay, it wasn't a shark but a bunch of cars. But still.....

Old 12-03-02, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I thought this episode was just okay - Danny Hanson' story was predictable; you knew Mr. Harper would get off - at least the little racist Thomas has some morality; I liked the Harvey Lipschutz storyline until that last "successful" scene - too far over the top, imo.

I missed the previews for the next episode, someone please fill me in. Danke...
Old 12-03-02, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Jadzia
And did you guys notice this show had an actual "jump the shark" moment. Okay, it wasn't a shark but a bunch of cars. But still.....

He didn't make it though. Does that still count?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.