Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Best GBA game for 3 year old?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-02, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Best GBA game for 3 year old?

My boy likes to play with my GBA but he isn't capable of playing most of the games I have. He doesn't understand the rules yet, or the goal, or how to run and jump, or even why you would. He likes Yoshi's Island the best but only because it makes noise and there are a few places where he doesn't have to jump...but I still have to get him past much of it.

What are the best games for the little tykes?
Old 12-02-02, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 3-year-old also likes Yoshi's Island for the same reasons, seems to like the games that let him "explore." He also likes Sonic Advance, Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, Rocket Power, Nicktoons Racing. We actually bought several Gameboy Color games (which work fine on Gameboy Advance) early on (Blue's Clues; Bob the Builder; Sesame Street Sports, Dragon Tales) because we had a hard time finding Advance games he could play.
Old 12-02-02, 11:44 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
It seems to me that Mario Kart would be playable by a 3-year-old.
Old 12-02-02, 11:51 AM

I dunno, if he has that much trouble playing games maybe he's not old enough to get him started on gaming. Maybe give him some blocks or fischer price toys with lots of buttons, lights, and sound effects or something, they have tons of those at KBtoys. As for games, i'd agree that mario kart and sonic advance are easy to pick up and play titles that might be easier for him.
Old 12-02-02, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My niece was a little older than 3, but she seemed to enjoy "playing" the Monsters Inc. game. It seems a game with recognizable characters that make funny sounds would be a good candidate.
Old 12-02-02, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by Outlaw
I dunno, if he has that much trouble playing games maybe he's not old enough to get him started on gaming. Maybe give him some blocks or fischer price toys with lots of buttons, lights, and sound effects or something, they have tons of those at KBtoys. As for games, i'd agree that mario kart and sonic advance are easy to pick up and play titles that might be easier for him.
He plays with all of those things, but I think because he sees me having fun, he likes to try it out too. He loves Star Fox 64 and Mario 64.

I will try a few of those suggestions....thanks.
Old 12-02-02, 05:54 PM

Originally posted by kvrdave
He plays with all of those things, but I think because he sees me having fun, he likes to try it out too. He loves Star Fox 64 and Mario 64.

I will try a few of those suggestions....thanks.
I gotcha, thats cool. I wish my dad was as cool as you when i was 3 years old. I had to play with sticks back then....actually it was less than 19 years ago .

When i was at the dentist office the other day, this real little kid was having a blast with sonic advance (they have gba's in the waiting room). It got me thinking that sonic does a good job in giving you the instant gratification *bing* sound when you pick up a ring.
Old 12-02-02, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Snood is nice & simple. And addicting.