DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Enter The Dragon

aaronstc
12-01-02, 01:00 AM
What language was this film originally filmed in? I need to know because I'm trying to decide whether to get the US DVD or the HK DVD. Also I've seen that the running time for the US EtD is 99 min. but the HK EtD is 102 min. Is the 99 min. running time before or after the "never before seen footage" (which I hear is 3 min.)?

Thanks in adavance.

saltysam
12-01-02, 07:15 AM
the new s.e. restores the prologue with the monk originally cut from international prints.i actually think the movie was shot silent with dialogue dubbed in later.it was filmed as an english speaking production though.

Leon Liew
12-01-02, 07:52 AM
It was definitely an English production with the late Bruce Lee
and all the Hongkong cast speaking English dialoque coz it was
a Warner Brothers production. The extra footage that was added
was in the dungeon fight scene where Bruce was weilding two
sticks it was classic. Its all in the WB Special Edition of Enter the Dragon released couple of years ago.

mrhan
12-01-02, 04:25 PM
The extra footage that was restored on the U.S. release was the dialoge between the Abbot(Roy Chiao-uncredited) and Bruce Lee in the beginning of the movie (Bruce's voice was dubbed by John Little the producer of "Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey" DVD with the Game of Death re-edit for that one scene) and a voice over by the Abbot in the mirror room fight with Mr. Han. It was NOT the cavern fight scene unless you were in the UK where it was censored by the BBC.

The original language is in English and the HK release is re-dubbed in Chinese. However, the Chinese version was the only way to watch it uncut for a long time until the 25th anniversary disc came out.

aaronstc
12-01-02, 05:46 PM
I'll get the American release then. Thanks everybody.