Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

am i the only one who prefers the more recent episodes of married with children?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

am i the only one who prefers the more recent episodes of married with children?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-02, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i find these episodes a bit more enjoyable. last night they had the one where kelly thinks the turkey can fly and kills it and james brown makes a cameo. maybe its that the kids have all grown up. and i think that little kid that everyone hates made a brief appereince but i didnt find him annoying. plus the crowed always seems to be in it by cheering for the apperience of each memeber of the family.
Old 11-27-02, 04:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did not like the kid in the newer shows, but I liked the newer shows better because Christina Appelgate who literally grew up on that show looks so good in the newer episodes and does not look like a kid anymore. Funny show, but the main reason I watched it was to look at her!!
Old 11-27-02, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts
I find that I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I did when they first aired. I do think that the first couple of seasons weren't as funny, but the show hit it's stride around the time that Jefferson showed up, then dipped with "seven" and rose again near the end.
Old 11-27-02, 04:36 PM
Suspended

Nope your not the only one! I prefer the new ones as well. I also prefer the newer Seinfeld episodes also as well.
Old 11-27-02, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What was that kids name?
Seven?

Talk about jumping the shark....

Obviously the best shows are the earlier ones which were racier and much more enjoyable. Although I wasn't old enough to understand the episodes when they originally aired, I have caught every rerun and they are the best.

Up until the middle of the series, it was probably one of the best shows on television.
Old 11-27-02, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what season did the kids all grow up. when bud got his beard, and when kelly looked sexy as hell.
Old 11-27-02, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

jefferson is much better than steve was
Old 11-28-02, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah Jefferson was better than Steve.

When exactly did the show first air?
Old 11-29-02, 10:09 PM

I liked the earlier shows. There is nothing wrong with the newer shows. I think the reason that the first few seasons are my preferance is because you could tell that Peg and Al really loved one another. Yes they poked fun at each other, but you could see that deep down they did love each other. In the later shows you don't see that quality.
Just my 2 cents
Old 11-30-02, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by UAIOE
Yeah Jefferson was better than Steve.

When exactly did the show first air?
The show started in April of 1987. One week before 21 Jump Street debuted. Wow, it's hard to believe it's been that long. I was just about to finish my freshman year of college.