Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Could someone help me choose a DVD player?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 11-25-02, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to replace my Sony dvp-360. I'm just going to pick something up at Circuit City, i think.

It's the player I keep in my room and the 360 plays just fine, it's just REALLY noisy which is very annoying even in the living room and worse in the bedroom.

I phoned Circuit City and asked the guy about the new Sony 315 slim model and he told me to keep my 360 rather than to get the 315. He said the less expensive models of 2 years ago were made much better and that the 315 was plastic junk which would he didn't recommend.

He told me to get the progressive scan Sony for 199.99. He said it was much built better and the picture would be better too.

I've heard that if you don't have HDTV (I don't plan on it for at least 2 years when I'm sure I'd upgrade my DVD players anyway) that there really won't be any noticeable improvement in video quality.

I don't know who to believe, but I really like the lower price. I know a lot of people here have the best and most superb stuff, but if someone could give me an idea of which one to get OR maybe some other suggestions of players in the $130 range, I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Ps-If you could give some examples that can be found/purchased at Amazon I would appreciate it a lot.