Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

the thing help

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-02, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the thing help

Ok i really need help getting passed the 2nd boss on The Thing. ive used gamefaqs.com and the cheat guide help, but am still struggling with this really fun as hell game!
help me with some guidance.
luv u all!
Old 11-24-02, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Which one is this? I can help you.
Old 11-27-02, 12:19 AM

the one that u need to run across the room to go after by pressing te switch to zap him. i can never avoid his attack when hitting thw switch
Old 11-27-02, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Ahh yes - here's what gamefaqs said:
Open the right bulkhead door. A cutscene will introduce you to the next boss. Don't just
go charging in there. One, he can do a lot of damage and it's a bit tough to get out of his
area and Two, there's no need yet.

Go ahead and fix the winch power supply. Then back up to the door and peer over the
lowest crates. (Notice that the crates have a low spot in them, that's where I'm talking
about). Arm the strongest hand grenade you are carrying and begin lobbing them over the
crates at the boss. You'll have to do this in 1st person to aim them correctly. If you have
HE grenades, I'd use those first. Make sure you throw them far enough because if they
bounce back close, it'll hurt. Throw at least 5 of them and if need be, switch to the regular
grenades. At this point, if they were well placed, it should be in the red.

Now, get ready to run out into its area. Arm the flame grenades and the grenade launcher.
Run around the crates. If you stutter step for just a moment, then take off again when you
hear it roar just before it's attack, then run for the switch again, it'll hit where you were,
not where are. The boss monster is slow but very powerful. At full health, you won't be
able to take more than 3 hits from it. You can dodge most hits if you have room and time
it right.

Anyway, run for the switch, give the beast a good shot then head back for the center of
the room. Switch to 1st person and when the boss is stunned and slumped over, hit it in
the "neck" area, right between the two appendages. If you wore it down enough and you
aim well, one shot should do it. If not, get the hell out of the area, and then perform the
last steps again.

Once dead, throw the switch on the wall behind it and that will open the next room.
Leave the boss area and head into this last area.
That's basically solid advice... the stutter step thing didn't seem to help me much though. What I did was I equipped the health kits in my other hand so I could replenish my health if I got struck a few times. It's unavoidable for him to hit ya. Other than that, the idea is to stand between the crates and the door you came in and move forward just enough so you can see him over the top of one of the crates - then you lob grenades at him for awhile so he's ready to be dealt with. Run your arse across the room to flip the switch and then like the faq says, square up to him and shoot a fire grenade (or two or three) at the center of its body. Stand back some so you don't catch fire. He was kinda tough, but once I realized I wasn't going to get by without getting smacked around some, I was able to just deal with it. Hope that helps.
Old 12-01-02, 08:43 PM

swet deal...ill try it...i only have 2 health packs,so its tough