Reload this Page >

Bachelor Rumors...

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Bachelor Rumors...

Old 11-22-02, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bachelor Rumors...

Well, it's already begun. I kinda groggily listened to one of the morning radio talk shows here and heard them saying that first of all, Helene is not moving to Springfield and that they were going to do the whole long distance relationship thing (shyeah, like that's ever gonna work), AND Helene, the smart and secure woman that she is, has set an ultimatum. If they're not married in the next 6 weeks, she's calling it off. Anyone still think they're getting married? LOL...
Old 11-22-02, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,875 Posts
Is it just me, or are these "Bachelor" and "Marry a Millionaire" shows revolting?
Old 11-22-02, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,485 Posts
Well, apparently a lot of people watch... my wife included. It did blow away even the Victoria's Secret modeling show and all the other Wednesday night competition. And it was two hours long! Of course, 20% of the audience came from here in California...

I wonder how the Bachelorette will do, however. I know a lot of women watch the show, but I wonder how many men watch it to see cute women?
Old 11-22-02, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
Originally posted by fujishig

I wonder how the Bachelorette will do, however. I know a lot of women watch the show, but I wonder how many men watch it to see cute women?

I wonder the same thing. I watch The Bachelor just because I think it is so funny to see these attractive (for the most part) women slobbering over some guy they barely know. I doubt that I will have any interest in The Bachelorette. It reminds me of watching Elimidate - I love the show when it is 1 guy/4 girls because it is great to see what lengths (aka slutiness) the girls will go to 'win' the man. However, the episodes where the girl is the picker are extremely boring.

The Bachelorette will have to pick up a large increase in female viewership if it hopes to duplicate the success of The Bachelor. That or more woman are going to have to force their men to watch it with them.
Old 11-22-02, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Is it true that Aaron has asked Helene to sign a pre-nuptial agreement before they get married? Smart boy.
Old 11-22-02, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Patman
Is it true that Aaron has asked Helene to sign a pre-nuptial agreement before they get married? Smart boy.
I'd be shocked if he didn't. Although he can't be too smart if he's proposing to a girl he's only known for 6 weeks. And on very artificially set up dates too. You just know that his parents are desperately trying to knock some sense into him - they actually seem like level headed people. I actually thought their words of encouragment on the show were just for the show. I'm sure afterwards, they were trying to talk him out of asking one of them to marry him.
Old 11-22-02, 03:25 PM
razorbackfan

Well I heard on a talk show this morning that this caller had a friend who overheard a friend say that he's already dumped her!
Old 11-22-02, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by razorbackfan
Well I heard on a talk show this morning that this caller had a friend who overheard a friend say that he's already dumped her!
I need to figure out how authoritative this caller who had a friend who overheard a friend really is. What talk show?
Old 11-22-02, 03:42 PM
razorbackfan

Well the caller sounded like she knew what she was talking about! It was on the Jon and Jen Show.
Old 11-22-02, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
I read over on CNN that he actually does want Helene to sign a Prenup before they get married.
Old 11-22-02, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I read that it doesn't really matter what happens to this sorry couple on Get-A-Life.com