Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

John Doe 11/15/02 - spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-02, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
John Doe 11/15/02 - spoilers

Ah...so much sappy music playing in the background as John Doe thinks he's been "found" and was highly skeptical at first, but comes to believe the neighbors of his family's farm/ranch and their stories of John's youth at Thomas Crowder. The music was the big tip-off as to John being totally set up by the mysterious people who seem to shut down any new leads of John's past. So, we have no idea if anything the creepy lady told John is true (I want to think there's a germ of truth, but it'll probably be highly convoluted). Too bad we won't be seeing the creepy lady in future episodes.
Old 11-15-02, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You beat me by Three Minutes Patman . Anyways here's what I originally posted in the thread I started then deleted...
Originally posted by Rogue588
Well, in case you haven't heard JD's been picked up for the rest of the season.

Tonite's ep was ok I suppose. I missed the lack of interaction between JD and the supporting cast. I was surprised they killed Grace so soon. [Grace is the actresses name -- she played Laura Palmer's mom in Twin Peaks -- I don't know her characters name here...]

BUT...this line made me

"If you can't believe in us, believe in this..." -- referring to the cookie jar.
Old 11-15-02, 09:45 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did you really think JD's true identity would be revealed so early on in the series?
Old 11-15-02, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Of course not, but they sure tried to pull the wool over the viewers' eyes.

But still, what's with him seeing only a few people/things in color...
Old 11-15-02, 09:56 PM
Banned

so did he have a brain operation or not?
and if not who is that lady from the farry?
Old 11-16-02, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

homemade muffin that was bought from costco. the co-op where grace works @ sure clean out the borker house pretty fast.

i ponder who is the deaf dude @ the end was. could it be JD father?
Old 11-16-02, 09:46 AM

Is it just me, or they showing these out of order? Think about it - this episode would have fit (better, I think) as the next episode after he saw the woman on the ferry.

Maybe I missed something, but I thought he had a pretty good hunch as to his name after last weeks episode. In this one, he seemed to have forgotten all about that.
Old 11-16-02, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Mister Beefhead
Maybe I missed something, but I thought he had a pretty good hunch as to his name after last weeks episode. In this one, he seemed to have forgotten all about that.
My exact thoughts, JD semmed just to forget about the William name he discovered the week before.
Old 11-20-02, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought this episode seemed too contrived. Like it was trying hard to be all X-Files conspiracy plot.

I mean, he drives away, gets stuck at a train, realizes the muffin isn't homemade and races back to the farmhouse-- only to discover they have already removed the mailbox as well as cleaned out the house?

I know it was a ruse but it just seems odd that they would hurry up and switch it out so quickly unless they knew he was coming back and they wanted to screw with him.

But obviously Yellow Teeth did not get what she wanted, so that wasn't the case.

I mean come on: did the farmhouse's real owners really need the place back that quickly?

And the way they junked up the house into a crazy-cat lady's house was just odd (was all that really necessary to change the house from when JD previously saw it?). It just seemed like the producers were just trying to be weird for the sake of being weird rather than contribute to the story.
Old 11-21-02, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by JNielsen
My exact thoughts, JD semmed just to forget about the William name he discovered the week before.
They showed episode 3 and 2 reversed. They showed the Pilot, 1, 3, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7.