Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

MAJOR problem with krdvd

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

MAJOR problem with krdvd

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-02, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAJOR problem with krdvd

Not sure in which forum to post this, but I'll take a chance and try here.

The order I placed with krdvd over a month ago still has not shipped. When one of my emails was finally answered, a week ago, they informed me that some of the DVDs would ship soon, and that others were not in stock. No other info.

And now, incredibly, when I just checked my online order status, I discover that the prices I'm being charged on some of the DVDs in my order have been raised, specifically on Andrei Rublyov, which I ordered at the $15 sale price and is now $19 or $20!

I just emailed them to tell them to change the prices back to what they were when I placed my order, and am waiting anxiously for a reply. Has anyone ever heard of these guys doing anything this sleazy?
Old 11-15-02, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I made a similar order on the first of Nov and just checked to get an update on my order and the same thing with the raised prices is on there also...

I think in their system when they changed the prices back to normal they also subsquentley were automatically changed in the order section. This is mostly likely a programming glitch in their system and I wouldn't worry about it. These guys are good people, just a little slow on the shipping side!
Old 11-15-02, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've never ordered from him before. Only from Darcys wife's store (as they call it).

Anyways, he used to be active here, but his last post was 7/18/2002.

Kinda reminiscent shades of Sazuma (but would never put anyone in that catagory)

Hope it gets all straightened out. Only complaints I've read on the forums are delayed shipping.
Old 11-15-02, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've heard that krdvd is run by one guy.

I ordered once from him, and got an e-mail 2 days later that the DVD was out of print and that I would be getting a refund. I wait a week, no refund. E-mail him, wait a few more days, and e-mail him again. Since I was getting no response, I filed a complaint with paypal. He responded to that and I got my refund.

I wouldn't order from krdvd again. For Korean DVDs, I pay the couple extra dollars at yesasia. They only charge you when they ship. And their customer service is very quick at responding to e-mails.
Old 11-16-02, 12:00 AM

The best place to order korean dvd IMO is DVDAsian.com. My order took about three days!! And the price isn't that bad compared to other sites, so DVDAsian is where I'll be shopping for korean dvds.
Old 11-18-02, 04:24 AM

It took me about 6 weeks to receive the Korean "Mulholland Drive" I ordered from them... I'd search high and low before re-ordering from them.
Old 11-19-02, 01:07 PM

Another vote of no confidence for KRDVD. I've ordered twice from them and had less than satisfactory results. If you want your stuff fast, go elsewhere. I've had very good results at Yesasian and DVDAsian.
Old 11-19-02, 02:33 PM

Just a quick note from someone on the other side of the desk... Korean DVDs are a bit trickier to stock than you might think. They go in and out of stock and in and out of print regularly with no notice, and it's sometimes impossible to get a straight answer from the manufacturers as to whether you should keep waiting or just consider something OOP. Our policy at HKFlix is to not charge anyone for anything that hasn't shipped, so I won't comment on that issue, but I can say for sure that trying to maintain a consistent catalog of Korean DVDs for sale is difficult at best.
Old 11-19-02, 09:28 PM

This is especially so when krdvd does not keep stock of most of their titles and buy as and when needed. Do they take money first? If so its no wonder everyone is up in arms.
Old 11-20-02, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by cirrus888
Do they take money first? If so its no wonder everyone is up in arms.
Yes, they take the money upfront - they only accept paypal. And you only have a month to file a complain there if you don't get what you ordered.
Old 11-26-02, 10:39 AM

Man I had with KRDVD.
First of all, they send me wrong versio of DVD for my first order.
And for second, they are still in process over week, when I ordered all in stock DVDs.
Worst of all, they/he do not even answer my e-mails.
From now on, forget savings of 1~2 dollar for customer service.
DVDASIAN.com is my favorite store for Korean DVD now.
Old 11-27-02, 02:26 AM

Yeah they've made it onto my blacklist too ... I will warn everyone from now on.
Old 11-27-02, 08:45 PM

I've boycotted KRDVD and so have a lot of my friends that order Korean DVD's. I do all my business with DVDAsian. I've ordered from yesasia a few times in the past and used to use them, but I won't for a while after they messed up an order I placed with them in September. I ordered a DVD from them (World Cup highlights) and waited and waited over 2 weeks. I emailed them a few times, when finally they emailed me back saying it was in stock, package and would ship out within the next 2 days. I waited more and more and emailed them again, then they tell me it's out of stock and they would cancel my order.

Since then I've placed 6 or so orders from DVDAsian and have had no problems, (order on a Monday, get discs by Friday) and I live in NJ.
Old 11-28-02, 01:48 AM

2 shipments with KRDVD, both went fine. Bit of a wait the second time around for them to get restocked on a title, but then again I saved about 20 USD by purchasing that title from KRDVD so it didn't bother me. The areas he needs to look at improving are:

1) Real time inventory: very difficult to have work properly, but seems to be a bone of contention with people as the current estimates aren't always accurate. But then again, you have 2 copies, then in one night maybe 5 people order it from you...Automation is the key. I've seen paypal only purchasing sites that manage to integrate a shopping cart functionality whereby when a last copy is purchased the item gets marked as such on the store site.

2) Charging upon shipment: if you pay up front then have to wait a month or two for stock it's only going to upset people. Very few people want to pay up front, which makes things difficult. Anyways this is a thorny issue for a small one man operation as there are plenty of people who special order items then whelch on payment when the item comes in some time later. In my experience with a 20 store chain, at least 50% of special orders are never paid for. Considering thats the business model he's mostly working with, I can see why he charges up front, but it's not something many customers will understand.

Unfortunately most of the problems Tristan seems to come across are endemic to being such a small operation. It's difficult to setup an e-commerce site and constantly bring in stock when you have to fund everything out of your own income. Carrying Korean dvds only makes the situation a bit worse as the stock availability always seems questionable from Korea's end. And being based in Canada is much more problematic than being in the US. Customs is a bit tricky on our end when bringing in items for resale depending on what carrier your using and what time of the year it is.