Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

(Hopefully) A Simple Question for Pioneer SD 533 Users!

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-02, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took delivery of one of these beauties today. While I'm working my way around the set and getting to know it, there's one thing that's thwarting me.

The Vertical Hold of the set is off - titles on regular TV are dropping out the bottom of the screen, and 2.35:1 DVD has a decidedly bigger bar at the top of the screen.

In the SCREEN menu, below the display mode, there is a "V-HOLD - NOT USED" item that I seem to need to adjust, but I cannot select it. Can any 533 Gurus help me out with how to make this adjustment?

Any help welcome, and appreciated, as always.....
Old 11-15-02, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm ... sounds like something for the service menu and not the regular user menu. I don't know how to get into the service menu but I think some at the HT Spot have the service manual and may have even scanned and posted it. Do a search on the Pioneer forum there.

Is the bottom cut off on TV shows when watching 4x3 mode? For me, the bottom is slightly cut off on Natural Wide but it's fine on 4x3 so I've always thought that's just the way the Natural Wide stretch worked. Not much of the bottom is cut off so I don't worry about it. In any case, you should be able to adjust the V-hold when watching regular TV.

If you're watching prog scan DVD, then the set is in FULL mode and the V-hold menu item can't be adjusted. So this is where you probably need the service menu.

Sorry I can't offer more but hopefully the Spot will have a definitive answer. Good luck - it's a great set!