Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

DVD player that plays DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD+RW for around $300?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-02, 03:15 PM
tsr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new here so hopefully this isn't a topic that's been beaten into the ground in the past. I'm looking for a DVD player that essentially does "everything."

VCDs, mp3s, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW
AND I want it to be a "quality" DVD player. I know that there are players like APEX that will play a wide variety of formats, but I've heard those players are of questionable quality.

Do any of the major name brands play all of these formats? And if so, can they be bought for around $300?

DVD Audio or SACD compatibilty is of minor concern but something I guess I should potentially keep in mind.

lastly, if it can be converted to Region Free, that would be excellent to know as well. but if that is against forum rules, I'd be more than happy to modify this post and delete that as I really want to know answer to my question.

thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to your responses!
tsr
Old 11-14-02, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think SONY. They have players for just over $125 that play DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW as well as CD-R, CD-RW and VCD.

I have both types of recordable DVD players and all the discs (except DVD-RAM) will play on a SONY.