Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

everquest for ps2

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-02, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
everquest for ps2

Anyone play this yet? I got my beta phase 2 disc today but probably won't get around to playing it much till this weekend. Anyone have impressions on this yet?
Old 11-13-02, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Gonna set up my account here any minute.

Bought a keyboard for my PS2 but haven't tried it out yet. I pray it all works.
Old 11-13-02, 09:58 PM

I can't seem to find the official network adapter at regular price. Otherwise, I would be playing it right now.
Old 11-13-02, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have it as well, but I haven't had a chance to play yet. I'll probably set up an account tomorrow. I'll be sure to post my thoughts.
Old 11-13-02, 11:13 PM
Banned

I tried logging in last night and kept clocking. Not sure if it was my connection or a slow server or what. I'll try again this weekend.
Old 11-14-02, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I got my copy last week, but Vice City, and the new Star Wars DVD doesn't want me to share my time with anybody else.
Old 11-14-02, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Made my char but couldn't log in. Not that I was actually going to play much last night since it was already past my bedtime. Tony Hawk 4 has taken over my time
Old 11-14-02, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I went ahead and played a bit. Not bad, it is pretty fun. Once the beta is over we would have to pay a monthly fee for this one though huh? If so, as much fun as it is I will not be doing that.
Old 11-14-02, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've never played Everquest before but I was curious about this game. Can't say that I enjoyed it at all but it also didn't really have my full attention.

I'm going to try and play it more today. Maybe it'll grow on me.
Old 11-14-02, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

my thing was that I don't like RPG games that much. This one is hack and slash too so that is cool. I was boreed out o my mind until I armed my sword and started killing the spiders and stuff. Got my character up to 4 and I had to go to bed. Why must work and sleep always interfere with gaming?
Old 11-14-02, 03:13 PM
Cool New Member

I can't find a network adaptor either. I'm going to try the USB port on my cable modem this weekend and see if that works, otherwise I'm out of luck.
Old 11-14-02, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's not that I don't like this game, but its hard. And the fact that when you run away from something and it can still hit you is annoying. Needless to say, I suck at this game. I'm trying to use a barbarian and I got killed in two hits by a bat....thats just sad. If anyone wants to team up that would be kinda nice.
Old 11-14-02, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

zero, let me know when you are going to play, I will help you. I am a barbarian also. Have you gone to an armory and picked up the free armor? It really helps, also have you equiped the sword you start out with? It took me about 5 deaths to figure these two things out. After that attack rats, weak spiderlings, and the magpies.
Old 11-15-02, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Heh. And so it begins. More people fall into the trap that is Everquest.

I played the PC version for over 3 years (ran a high end guild for most the time), and quit 6 months back. Now the new expansion has pullled me in, although only a night or so a week.

I've yet to finally log into the PS2 version, but I'm not expecting it to be as good as the PC version. Still anxious to see it though.

It seems really hard at first, but once you get the hang of it, you fly through the first x amount of levels. THEN it starts getting hard, but by that point, you're already hooked.

S}{ammer, you mentioned above that you didn't like the idea of paying a monthly fee. Get used to it heh. Massively Multiplayer games like this are the "next big thing" and everyone's jumping on the band wagon. It sounds pretty crappy to have to pay to play every month, but honestly, once you hash it out, it's quite reasonable. I mean, for the amount of time you put into the game, whats 10 or 12 bucks a month? Cheaper than a night out at the movies these days.
Old 11-16-02, 12:23 PM

I also played EQ on the PC for years. I did not like the monthly fee at first, but it actually worked out better for me in the end. Not many games out there can be played for years at a time. I know I dont play too many games more than a few months, much less years. By then I have finished the game or I am tired of it. Halo Multiplayer has kept in for quite some time now though
Old 12-06-02, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I just got the Everquest Online Beta Phase 3. How is this game. I never played the PC game.
Old 12-06-02, 01:15 PM

Just curious, can someone who's played EverQuest on a PC tell me what the differences are on the PS2 version? Did they simply freeze the PC version, port it over, and keep everything the same, or are there a lot of differences?
Old 12-06-02, 01:58 PM

Very different, hmm off the top of my head.
(btw this is comparing it to the non-expansion EQ)

No orge race, only one continent instead of three. Many of the starting towns look similar but are in different places. Some of the monster models look a lot better but the outdoor zones are kind of spartan. It isn't as hard as EQ was when it first came out but it is harder that EQ is now after all the expansions.

I also believe there are no planar zones. I am sure there is more since it is not a direct port.
Old 12-07-02, 01:12 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Just got phase 3 disk in the mail, won't really have time to play it for a few days though. I'll let you know how it goes.