Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bmx Xxx

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-02, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bmx Xxx

I only played for an hour last night and got up early for an hour before work.....

This is my 1st impression.....

Disclaimers....
1. I have never played any Tony Hawk, Dave Mirar, etc games before this one.
2. I am a bike freak...
3. I am an adolescent at heart...

Graphics
Graphics are adequate. They are nothing revolutionary and could be argued as dated. The AI people could have used a few more polygons. As for your rider, very nicely detailed with good animations. The landscape is very nicely detailed and levels are very large.

Overall Graphics = 7.5 (Above average - Doesnt use Xbox's strength)

Audio
The sound track is actually very good. You also have the ability to pull soundtracks off your Xbox hard drive. Is previously stated, I am an adolescent at heart so I find the humor funny.....

Only negative is they do cuss way too much.... They over did it alittle in this point.

Overall Audio = 9 (No real complaints todate)

Gameplay
Let's start off here stating that with just 2 hours of play, I TOTALLY SUCK. There is soooooo much depth in the tricks engine that it will take a lot of time to remember all the possible tricks/combos/stuff you can pull in this game. Because I have never played one of these types of games before I have yet to figure out the controls to prevent the big crash and the long grindage, but I can tell you that you can pull off just about any combo including a tailwhip into a no handed flair off the top of a building (i didnt land it, but still cool).

The nice thing about the levels is that you can just freeride around with out doing any of the challenges, which if you get this game i stongly suggest. This allows novice like me to practice and you will need to know ever inch of the level to complete a lot of the timed challenges.

The challenges are tough but not impossible. You will have to work on your skills to complete some of them. That is not a complaint, but more a complement to the game.

The create a player is absolutely insain....My wife and myself created my entire family....My Wife, 2 Sons, and myself.
You have about One Zillion options here.....(No Lie, I counted).

The female charaters are nicely detailed...(Nipples)...

As for naked mode....IT MUST BE UNLOCKED....Doesnt come default....Really no shock here....You can have "Almost Naked" though which can appease even the most adolescent.

There is a tremendous about of things that can be unlocked. Some of the them are stated and some just have ??? as place holders.

Overall Gameplay = 8.8 (Remember I am a Gear Head)

Cutscenes/Scores
Lets just say, you are going to have to work pretty hard to get the goods. The first challenge is cake, but you get what you pay for. I have seen more tease from Hooters. They state that the the larger challenges pay off better..... I will advise later as I get to them...

At least they make you work for them....

Overall Cutscenes/Scores = 10 (Ladies have talent. Look forward to visiting them more)

MY OVERALL RATING = 8.7
Fun game, which I SUCK AT, but has lots of good gameplay, and potential fun.
Old 11-13-02, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow.. sounds like a rental to me. (ie: rent to see if i want to buy)

Have yuo ever played SSX Tricky? If it's even half as good as that game, this will kick ass..

Gameplay is the most important.. Gameplay+Boobies=
Old 11-13-02, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my first game in the Xtreme sport genre.....So I have not played Tricky

Graphics are not great, but I am enjoying the gameplay...

IGN and Gamespot bash games that dont reinvent the genre and have the most cutting edge graphics...

This is a good game overall.
Old 11-13-02, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I suggest you rent Tricky. It is IMO one of the finest games for the NExt-Gen systems. The characters rock (Zoe!) the courses kick serious ass. The depth of gameplay is disgusting. And with Run DMC kicking the title song of the game, it does no wrong!!

I stopped trusting game reviewers ages ago when games like Final Fantasy 7,8,9,10 and Metal Gear Solid 2 were given high 9s and 10s.. and games like Jet Set Radio were spit on.
Old 11-13-02, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts
I think it was more the public rather than the reviewers that spit on Jet Set.