Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NHL 2k3 IGN review?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-02, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NHL 2k3 IGN review?

Any insiders feel like spilling the beans? I am very curious to see if it turned out as good as I hoped! Any version would be great!
Old 11-11-02, 10:53 PM
Banned

I'm an insider but I don't feel like copying and pasting the review for you. Hahahahaha!
Old 11-11-02, 10:58 PM
Banned

It received a score of 8.9.
Old 11-11-02, 11:03 PM

ha, that wasn't very nice, thanks for the score though =o)
Old 11-11-02, 11:18 PM
Banned

The review is 3 pages. Way too long. In short, presentation and graphics got only 7 but the overall score is high because of the lasting appeal(franchise and online).
Old 11-11-02, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Closing Comments
I love console hockey. I admit I'm only a casual real-world NHL fan, but NHL 2K3 has done an amazing thing -- it's made me want to learn more about hockey. In fact, it's turned me into a more serious hockey fan. That's saying something for a game designed for those already devoted to the church of Lord Stanley. NHL 2K3 is a real prize wtih some fantastic gameplay, but it's hampered by a variety of nagging "why nots" that have plagued many Sega Sports games. With decent, but not spectacular visuals and sound, NHL 2K3 seems less stunning than its other Sega siblings. Still, if you are a fan of hockey or if you want to try hockey on a level beyond Hitz and NHL 2003, then this is absolutely the way to go. And it doesn't hurt that it's online!
-- Hilary Goldstein

Presentation
Love the replays and the ESPN overlays look great, but there's plenty of choices that will have you scratching your head. 7.0
Graphics
Not bad, but certainly not of the quality seen in other Sega Sports games. Good animations and solid replays but not enough variety in the faces. 7.0
Sound
Good two-man crew and the crowds aren't bad, but the commentary isn't as smooth as it could be. 7.0
Gameplay
One hell of a hockey engine that plays as both sim and arcade game in one. Definitely the pinnacle of hockey excellence. 9.0
Lasting Appeal
A decent franchise mode coupled with compelling gameplay and online play? Bring it. 9.0
OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 8.9
Click Here for Ratings Guide
Old 11-12-02, 02:31 PM

thank you! sounds great!