Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Unreal Tournament 2003: Share your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-02, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unreal Tournament 2003: Share your opinion

I'm thinking of buying Unreal Tournament 2003; for those of you who've already done so and have played it, what do you think of it as compared to the 1999 version? The latter addicted me like no other game, so I'm both excited and paranoid about buying the new game.
Old 11-11-02, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
If you search, you'll find a few threads on this already.
Old 11-11-02, 09:07 PM

I searched AND I manually dug through all of the threads -- found nothing. So please feel free to give me a link or two, or share your opinion of the game. Thanks!
Old 11-11-02, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Ahh - you're right... I thought there were a bunch of threads on it.

Here's one that people shared their opinions in, but it wasn't so much an opinions thread... http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=237794
I'm pretty sure there was another thread about the demo, but I can't find it.

As for how I feel about it - I like it. The graphics are nice and the gameplay is pretty tight. The bombing run is really cool. I like it heaps better than the first UT. It's just alot like Quake 3 Arena, but with a little better graphics and whatnot. If you like multiplayer FPS mayhem, this would certainly be a good choice - especially for 30 bucks. If you wanna wait for the Xbox version, I think it's basically the same with a few different levels or something.
Old 11-11-02, 10:33 PM

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll look for the demo and d/l it if I can find it. Perhaps I'll try logging into the DVD Talk CTF server if you all are still playing there, and if I like it, then I'll buy the retail version. Thanks again!

Edited to add:

Never mind, the demo is a whopping 97MB, and I'm on a crappy dialup modem (recently moved, and haven't gotten my broadband service back yet). Guess I'll have to buy the game... maybe I'll ask Santa Claus.........

Last edited by KingTutankhamen; 11-11-02 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-11-02, 11:22 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

i'd have to say that it sucks, this coming from someone who plays UT 2-3 hours a day for the past 5 months!!
Weapons are weak, bad console changes and generally it feels like they took a step backwards.