Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fifa 2003

First Impressions?
Old 11-11-02, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now...........

I'm not sure about this game!

I bought The FIFA World Cup 2002 and I feel confortable with it.

Fifa 2003 might have all this teams but the main focus in this type of game are always the World Cup.
Old 11-12-02, 12:07 AM

its a totally different game.

it blows away anything world cup had to offer. we played world cup and thought it was great, though it did have some annoying problems. world cup was all about pressing buttons as fast as possible and trying to beat your man. 2003 is just a complete game. I hear its not as good as winning eleven though, but we'll never get that game.

the controls in fifa 2003 are tight. the ball doesn't feel like a part of the player anymore. when you hold the speed burst button, the player actually kicks the ball farther ahead, and if you hit the right analog, you can even push the ball in the direction your headed to make better runs. there are now 3 passing buttons instead of 2 now. one does an auto pass to the player you point your stick towards, another lobs in the exact direction of your, and the last passes in the exact direction of your stick. theres also a header button now, so you won't get any of those problems that you got with world cup.

the AI is just so much better now. the goalies act more aggressive. they'll slide tackle you if its the best option.

the graphics are amazing, it makes world cup look like a 32 bit game. the stadiums are so much better now. the world cup stadiums got boring after a while, so all these great new stadiums are a needed change.

the sound is great, motsons back making great commentary. the crowds get really into it and it makes the games real intense.

the presentation of the game seems very european. very much like the icons of gran tourismo.

this game is great. if you owned and enjoyed world cup, you should pick up this one. its not an upgrade, its a new game. definately rent it if your not sure of a purchase, but you'll probably end up buying it.