Reload this Page >

sharon osbourne to have own talk show

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-08-02, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here comes a daytime talk show where they'll have to bleep the fightin' words of the host, not the guests. Electronic Media has reported that Sharon Osbourne has signed a deal with Telepictures Productions to host a syndicated talk show that would launch in fall 2003.

The news comes the same week that a Barbara Walters interview with Sharon, taped in September, aired on ABC's ''20/20'' and included Sharon's remarks that she regretted allowing MTV to turn their lives into a fishbowl on ''The Osbournes,'' that the twin pressures of media scrutiny and her own colon cancer treatment had put such a strain on the family that husband Ozzy was drinking again, and that the family would quit doing the show after just 10 more episodes. But she also dismissed the taped comments this week, reassuring MTV that the family would fulfill its 20-episode contract for the series, whose second season begins Nov. 26. Apparently, she's no longer fearful about being in the media spotlight or her health, and neither is Telepictures.

In fact, according to the Hollywood Reporter, Telepictures thinks her battle with cancer is an asset. It's one of many issues, along with raising three children and overcoming a weight problem, that will allow a largely female daytime audience to identify with her as she explores Oprah-type topics on her show, a source tells the Reporter.

Still, she wouldn't be the only flame-haired Englishwoman entering the daytime competition next fall. Sarah Ferguson is developing her own talk show for 2003. Also, Telepictures is developing a daytime show next fall for Ellen DeGeneres. Maybe Sharon can scare them away with a hurled ham.
Old 11-09-02, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts
I was just saying to myself the two things I don't see enough of on TV are talk shows and Sharon Osborne.

Seriously, I think this would be better on a premium channel where she could do uncensored interviews with musicians, entertainers, etc. Kind of like the Dennis Miller Show, but with more emphasis on the guests.