Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor - 11/07/02 Spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-02, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Survivor - 11/07/02 Spoilers

My guess is that either Jan goes or Penny goes. All of the guys are doing a pretty good job playing the gals off each other.
Old 11-07-02, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I felt like I was watching NFL Films with that cheesy Crimson Tide rip-off music. Only MediaVentures hacks are allowed to copy Zimmer.

das
Old 11-07-02, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right now this season ranks up there with the first one. The producers did a really good job bringing the suspense back in. Loved the way Ted's eyes rolled completely in to the back of his head when Penny was attempting to kick his @$$. If that ain't foreshadowing, I don't know what is.

Edited to add: Noooo! Not Erin! Only the hot ones are voted off early!

Last edited by Barings; 11-07-02 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-07-02, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

das

Definitely a case of getting rid of a threat.
Old 11-07-02, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Dammit! That's horrible!
Old 11-07-02, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't believe they got rid of

Spoiler:
Erin - Clay is going to be so disappointed.
Old 11-07-02, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hahaha!
Spoiler:
Erin said that she came to Thailand with a small bag.
Old 11-07-02, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I have to agree that this season has gotten back to some of the emotion and quality of the first. Somewhat reminds me of how emotional it got when they voted off Jenna.

das
Old 11-07-02, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I was laughing at Jan's reaction to Jake twisting the chicken's neck.

Clay's comments are hilarious, and so is his leering.

Helen's going on and on about recipes, and the guys' reactions to her blabbering was also spot-on hilarious.
Old 11-07-02, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You have to admit that the jury is going to have a different view of who the ultimate survivor is because of the new format, the grudges formed by getting the boot by a smaller subset gives members from the other tribe a better shot of not pissing off the jury. So that may or may not be a factor in how the final votes are casted.
Old 11-07-02, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

das

Definitely a case of getting rid of a threat.
How's that? I can't see their reasoning behind tonight's vote. I thought
Spoiler:
Penny
was gone for sure.
Old 11-07-02, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I still don't understand the thought processes of the other tribe members in how they booted off the person they booted off tonight. I would have thought 2 others would have been given their walking papers tonight.
Old 11-07-02, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe they were afraid of the
Spoiler:
allure of Erin's boobies on the guys on Chuay Guan. Penny's flatchestedness isn't as much of a draw as Erin's inflatedness.

Old 11-07-02, 08:09 PM

Yes, I even implied that I thought Penny was gone in my original post due to the massive airtime she got after they came back from last week's (yes, I know its only three days in real time) tribal council.
Old 11-07-02, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Simple ... get rid of the nice people, and one who won't hold a grudge.

The will be likely a merger at some point, and at that point, let the others kick off Penny, so she thinks she's loved by her own tribe and votes for them. Erin won't hold it against them when it comes time to vote - Penny probably would. As for Ken and Jake, if there's no immediate merger, they need their strength.

das
Old 11-07-02, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is the consensus that the guys (Jake and Ken) got together and decided which woman to keep and then let her in on their decision?

They picked the wrong one....I wanted Ken to go (my wife likes him a little toooooooo much!)
Old 11-07-02, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm thinking the merge is on next week, and Penny is going to feel stupid for letting Ken hang around.
Old 11-07-02, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok, it sucks that Erin's gone but think about it like this... She gets to go stay somewhere besides a smelly toilet/cave. Next week she'll be back to sit in for the jury all nice and cleaned up with nicer clothes
Old 11-07-02, 10:57 PM

What was up with Chuay Ghan decision to let Helen sit out of the immunity challenge? I just don't get it. Here they have immunity challenge involving a task that tests your ability to remain calm and collected underwater while breathing through a bamboo snorkel, so they decide to let the one person who would seem to be a natural at it to sit it out.

I was totally floored by that choice. I surely thought that they were going to end up losing it. And if it wasn't for the herculean effort put in by Brian and the pitful performance by Penny, they quite possibly could have been the ones going to tribal council instead of Sook Jai.

Chuay Ghan: The Little Tribe That Could. Who would have ever thunk it?, That going into the merge that they would be the ones with the numerical advantage.
Old 11-08-02, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by monkyskunk
What was up with Chuay Ghan decision to let Helen sit out of the immunity challenge? I just don't get it. Here they have immunity challenge involving a task that tests your ability to remain calm and collected underwater while breathing through a bamboo snorkel, so they decide to let the one person who would seem to be a natural at it to sit it out.
I couldn't quite understand it either.

Also, if Jan knows she's a kook, why would she volunteer to hold the chicken while Jake wrung its neck? That was quite a ceremony they had. Me thinks those folks are all losing it.
Old 11-08-02, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
I'm thinking the merge is on next week, and Penny is going to feel stupid for letting Ken hang around.
I'm thinking there will be two more eliminations before the merger. They didn't even hint at a merger in the preview for next week.
Old 11-08-02, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

great episode, too bad big boobs lady is gone. she looks similar to jamie pressely just with bigger racks.

i think next week episode will be a merger, since it's 5-3.
Old 11-08-02, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was surprised Erin got voted out. I thought it would be Ken because he's a threat to sweep the individual immunity challenges. But I guess since they don't know when the actual merge will occur, they have to continue to keep Ken in case the next IC is still tribal. But I think next week the merge will occur. There is just not that many people left on SJ tribe to keep the IC tribal.
Old 11-08-02, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
I'm at the beginning of the immunity challenge:

WHAT?!?!?!? HELEN WILL SIT OUT OVER JAN?!?!?!? Who thought up THAT brilliant idea. Isn't she a Navy instructor and decades Jan's junior? And SHE'S sitting out?! Jeez let's see how this turns out... KEN CAME UP?! Wow. Didn't expect that. Wow Jake against Bryan. How prophetic Jake looks pissed!!

I think Penny's going to go. That was a GREAT showing by Bryan.
Wow Jake crying. I thought that talk was pretty sweet.

I think these four bonded from the beginning WAY before the camera showed it.

I think Ken's gotta go (I'm at the point where they are writing the votes). That was a lame excuse to keep him.

Well guess I was wrong. When the first vote was Ken I thought he was out. I think the reason Erin went out instead of Penny is because she was the more laid-back and the less conniving.
Old 11-08-02, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wish Penny had gone instead. Das, I think you are probably right about the guys thinking of how Penny/Erin would vote if either of them make it to the end. And maybe Penny is a little bit more athletic. I still want to see Jan and Helen go next, but not until I get a few more recipes for my kitchen. Burying chicken's feet and crying over it? Just a bit too bizarre.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.