Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

short review of Korean BR:spec. ed. dvd

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-02, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got this in the mail today. i heard that the original distributor of this in korea went bankrupt or something and it is not being made anymore but dvdasian.com still has it in stock.
i did own the tartan 2-disc set of this, i loved the extras but i am the kind of person that can only watch the extras once or twice before i don't view them anymore. the extras on the korean disc are pretty slim but it contains more trailers of the film, and the extras that are there, are pretty much the same as the 2-disc set, just without english subs. no big deal, since i had seen them before anyways.
the picture on the disc is great, alot better than the PAL dvd IMHO, but then again, i am not a videophile or anything, but the picture looks pretty damn good to me.
the sound on it seems to be the same as the one on the PAL dvd. it kicks ass to me.
the english subs are kinda standard for most korean dvds, misspelled words here and there, but since most of have seen the film about a billion times, it doesn't really matter.
like i said, i am not a film reviewer or anything, i don't claim to be, but i am definately not joe 6-pack. i'm just a cop that digs movies and since i have asked, and others have asked how the korean disc looks, i thought that i'd let people know.

feel free to email if you have any questions: [email protected]