Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 11-5 Lineage

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-02, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Smallville 11-5 Lineage

Hello and welcome to the Smallville thread for 11-5. Tonight's Episode looks as if it will rewrite the whole history of the Kent family and Luthor family as we know it. Post your questions and comments.
Old 11-05-02, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you are looking for spoilers check out http://www.thesmallvilletorch.com and click on spoilers. It will ruin tonights episode though.
Old 11-05-02, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DAMN, only a few more hours, ive been looking forward to this all week, cant wait, looks like a damn awesome episode!
Old 11-05-02, 08:59 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Oh my. Better and better. Wheels within wheels.

Best writers on TV? Quite possibly.
Old 11-05-02, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
great episode
Old 11-05-02, 09:09 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Excellent episode. It's so nice not to see a Kryptonite Freak of the Week. It looks like next week is the same way.

Me thinks Lucas Luthor will make an appearance this season.
Old 11-05-02, 09:25 PM

I loved this episode. More Chloe! I'm thrilled. Seriously. I wish they'd work on the Chloe/Clark angle a little more than just letting it go after Vortex.
Old 11-05-02, 09:43 PM
Banned

A little more? I think they did plenty with Chloe this week. That was a totally nasty and vindictive thing she did. A bit of foreshadowing when she talked about a "woman scorned". Could mean more things like this from her to come.

Nice touch.
Old 11-05-02, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Flay

Me thinks Lucas Luthor will make an appearance this season.
Spoiler:
Didn't Lionel say that he died before he turned 1 year old?
Old 11-05-02, 10:01 PM

Man awesome episode, Very kool, I had a thought that lucas may be Lex but im probably totally off, just with him rubbing the hair at the end, but i dont know, GREAT EPISODE again, next weeks looks ok also
Old 11-05-02, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by TruGator
Spoiler:
Didn't Lionel say that he died before he turned 1 year old?
You obviously did not see the ending of the episode
Spoiler:
The episode exits with Lionel hold a locket with a picture of a himself and a boy older than one(probably about four or five). The locket had a lock of the boy's blonde hair in it. Lionel was touching the blonde hair. Obviously Lionel lied and Lucas is still alive.

Last edited by lwhy?; 11-05-02 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-05-02, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Mantecore
Man awesome episode, Very kool, I had a thought that lucas may be Lex but im probably totally off, just with him rubbing the hair at the end, but i dont know, GREAT EPISODE again, next weeks looks ok also
Not to be dogging you but
Spoiler:
The hair was blonde and Lex had red hair and the women who fathered Lucas was one of Lex's mother's nurses when she was sick.
Old 11-05-02, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I loved tonight's episode.
Spoiler:
Does anyone think that the Small guy is Lana's biological father?
Next week looks great here's my minispoiler.
Spoiler:
Ryan the boy with the power to read minds is back and he has been captured and experimented on in labs. Clark tries to save him.
Old 11-05-02, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
That was the best episode of the season, imo. What a great little history lesson on the Kents/Luthors and the rest of Smallville's little population. They are doing a great job of just building up Lex's hatred for his father - it seems that every week they add another brick to the wall - and
Spoiler:
it also seems that Lex has a hairy little brother that Big Daddy's been hiding.
Old 11-06-02, 12:16 AM

Originally posted by Eric F
A little more? I think they did plenty with Chloe this week.
Nah. Chloe is my favorite. She's like the junior Lois of the show. This season has focused so much on Lana's whining. A little more, if not a lot more, could do the show good. I was beginning to miss old school Chloe.
Old 11-06-02, 12:38 AM
Banned

Great episode. Nice developments. Good use of flashbacks too but Jonathon had exactly the same sideburns and hair. He should of looked like he did from Dukes of Hazard.

Question though, since Pete spit in the test tube, wouldnt it have shown that Clark as a African American Child?
Old 11-06-02, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Pete Ross DNA swap out was so stupid. It would have been better if they got some of Jonathan's DNA to replace Clark's.

What I like about Smallville is that it's able to use soap opera cliches and integrate them seamlessly into the Superman-Smallville mythos, and turn the cliche inside out while making the parents tragic figures all for the sake of protecting Clark's secret.
Old 11-06-02, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They're gonna rerun this on Sunday right???
I was hurrying to get out the door to watch a broadway play that I goofed on the timer record on the VCR. Crap.
Old 11-06-02, 09:36 AM
Banned

Question though, since Pete spit in the test tube, wouldnt it have shown that Clark as a African American Child?
Nobody's ethnicity is "pure", least of all Americans whose family goes back generations. They were only checking genetic markers to see if they matched up with that lady anyways. It's quite possible that Kents, a typical midwestern American family have elements of African American, Native American and other ethnicities as part of their heritage.

It's also quite possible that Lionel Luthor did something on his own to cover up the results anyways. From this episode we know a little more about why he's so intereted in Clark.
Old 11-06-02, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought it was funny to see baby Clark trying to rub Lex's bald head in the truck.
Old 11-06-02, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
In regards to that last scene...
Spoiler:
I guess we can disregard speculation that Lionel was faking his blindness. Otherwise, since he was alone, he'd have actually looked at the picture instead of felt it with his finger.
Old 11-06-02, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Question: didn't Lionel think it was odd that the Kents wanted him to fake an adoption of a young boy?
Old 11-06-02, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think Lionel was just grateful at that point in time that a total stranger would help him revive Lex right after the meteor showers hit Smallville. Lionel owed the Kents a favor, and of course, Lionel extracted something else for himself while "helping" the Kents in the process.
Old 11-06-02, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, I guess I learn something new every day. I didn't know DNA was in spit. I knew it was in blood, hair follicles, skin, etc., but I didn't know it was in spit.

I thought it was dumb for Clark to drag Pete along for his saliva. It would've been much easier and less riskier if he just got Pete's saliva sample before breaking into the lab.

This episode was especially interesting to me since I'm adopted and I've never met my own biological parents, much less seen a picture of them. I could relate to the dialogue that Clark and Lana had on a totally different scale.

When Clark told Lana the story about the woman visiting him at school and basically saying, "Hi Clark, I'm your mom" and he said to Lana, "Who does that?" it was funny when Lana sheepishly raised her hand. I could also relate to that, but that's a whold different story and it would take me forever to type out my life story. Besides, I'm sure none of you give a flaming crap anyway.

Old 11-06-02, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for another Zeus anecdote in the episode.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.