DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Rasputina!

Kudama
11-04-02, 10:30 AM
I frakkin’ LOVE this band! All cellos, three hot broads (I know PC is dead) and the lyrics!!!

These women use the bow like katanas! Apocrypha was OK (if you’re a cello fan like myself) but this band seriously ROCKS!!! Beautiful.

Scorpio
11-04-02, 10:20 PM
Hmmm...maybe I'll finally have to check them out. Been on the radar for some time, but hey, it took me 15 years to finally pick up Kick by INXS!

TheMadMonk
11-04-02, 10:25 PM
I love the concept, but the couple things I've heard of them just haven't impressed me.

Kudama
11-04-02, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by TheMadMonk
I love the concept, but the couple things I've heard of them just haven't impressed me.

I wasn’t really into them at first, but for some reason I !!!LOVE!!! their stuff now. Usually I grow into the stuff I end up liking, occasionally clicking with stuff right away. I can totally see that their music is not necessarily everyone’s cup of tea. Man Alive! though. I do love the way they sing, write and play a mean cello.

(BTW, TheMadMonk, I’m going for an interim job at Rasputin’s Records on Telegraph in Berkeley. Given the serendipity of this thread, I felt I couldn’t let this go without mentioning it.)

jdpatri
11-06-02, 09:28 AM
Saw them open for Kula Shaker a few years back. Took me by surprise as I had never heard of them prior to this. Very unique. Not quite my style but enjoyable nonetheless.