Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias 11/03/02

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-02, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alias 11/03/02

So that is what Jack did to Sidney when she was younger! A pretty good episode, but it didn't further enough of the main storylines for me, such as Sidney's mother (who was absent from this show). Interesting twist about Sloane's wife though. And it was a great ending with Sidney confronting her father about being trained as a 6 year old.
Old 11-03-02, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I thought it was a really good episode and the twists involving Sloan's 'dead' wife and Jack Bristow were good, too. At least this is one of the few shows that stays interesting from week to week.
Old 11-03-02, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wasn't sure if someone was going to start a new thread or keep posting in the pseudo-new Alias thread from last Sunday.

Anyways...I caught this last week and thought it was truly angst filled. How did Sloane's wife know she was going to be poisoned? Did she even know? Did Syd arrange it? And if she did, how come we haven't seen anything about it? For a while there I thought Sloane might've faked it. But if he did, why's he setting off all these flags about his wife "stalking" him? [If it IS her at all]

Also...did Syd's mom brainwash her into believing that her Dad sent her to Assassin Summer Camp or did he really do it? [Jack could be hiding another secret...]

BTW...is next week's ep new?
Old 11-03-02, 10:47 PM

Grrrr!

Is Alias on ABC Family this year? My tape cut out during the scene with the shrink at the end.

If not, I'll just download it, I guess. I don't see it on the ABC Family website.
Old 11-04-02, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ABC Family, as far as I know, is not currently airing repeats of Alias.

I expected that last part, but I didn't expect that in this episode. I would have probably saved that for next week, or well, this week, if the episode aired when it was supposed to.

Sark was absent this week, and Francie and Will were there, but for no real reason. Too bad.

Next week's previews show that it is a new episode. Hopefully the Emily storyline isn't ignored, from the previews, it looks like it's centered around Vaguhn, Syd, and Jack. Who knows, we might actually see Sark next week. Or even Syd's mom!
Old 11-04-02, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Good twist with Sloane's wife. Last week, I thought someone at SD-6 was doing this. Now I'm not so sure. May be his wife is still alive after all.

Interesting stuff with Sydney's past. No wonder she pick up spy stuff so quickly. She was already trained for it when she was a kid.
Old 11-04-02, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i am just wondering if they will continue to write jack going darker and darker in his attempt to protect syd. i like the protective father angle but i am not sure that i like the 'obsessive'-protective father angle.
Old 11-04-02, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think somebody that wanted the seat is messing with Sloane's head. I think Emily is still dead.

What was with the extra extra awkward pause during Marshall's demo of the lip gloss camera launcher?

The scene with Syd and Jack at the end was no more tortured than at the beginning of the series last season. It's come full circle once again for them and the secrets from the past.

Will Jack's deception be revealed to anyone else besides Syd and Vaughn? Jack will have to deal with the bomb setup guy as well (probably just make him disappear...).
Old 11-04-02, 10:49 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
What was with the extra extra awkward pause during Marshall's demo of the lip gloss camera launcher?
I noticed that, too, and rewound to check it out again. I think it was Marshall kinda checking himself out in the camera.
Old 11-04-02, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This may not be the absolute best show on TV, but it sure is the most consistent! Other shows can be better sometimes, but they also falter. Alias is great every single friggin' week!
Old 11-04-02, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was Marshall checking himself out in the camera. I used to like the Marshall scenes, but since they are overly redundant, they show really only exist to show off the newest spyware. Ok, we get it, Marshall is a nerd, he gets flustered, Sidney smiles at him, etc. Show me the lipbalm!
Old 11-05-02, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I missed this episode somehow! The whole rerun/World Series thing threw me off! Does anyone have this on tape or on TiVo? I would be glad to send a tape if someone is willing to record this for me.

That's Alias: Ep. 2-5: The Indicator

OR, if there's a place to download it, I could do that as well. I don't know if it's ok to talk about that here. Anyway, anyone who can help me, please email me. Thank you.
Old 11-05-02, 10:05 AM

so has anybody checked out the IP address
Old 11-05-02, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by bandit
so has anybody checked out the IP address
Oh man, I forgot about that! Actually there were two IP addresses. But I'm sure they don't go anywhere.

But I'll check anyway.
Old 11-05-02, 11:45 AM

nah, the ip addresses are ip's that would only be given out to computers on a local area network like the ones in an office or home network. they're different then the ones that are visible over the internet like those of websites and internet providers.
Old 11-05-02, 11:50 AM

I just thought it was interesting how they were mentioned, matter-of-fact - like, they wanted someone to check them out, because you know someone would.
Old 11-05-02, 12:08 PM

Received 96 Likes on 36 Posts
Actually, I believe the fake IP address is the one that was used in the Alias online game recently (is anyone here playing it?), and the real one is registered to Disney.
Old 11-05-02, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty decent episode. I like where they're going with Sloane's wife's story. Very intriguing.

I could've sworn that it's been hinted before that Syd was trained when she was younger. Or maybe I'm just making that up in my head.

Old 11-07-02, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Cool episode... just watched the tape last night.

I like that bit at the end of Marshall's spiel, where he mentions that he couldn't fit another camera in because he needed room for the lip gloss, and then says that of course he'll replace it for Sydney (since he already used it). Though it does get redundant at times, I still like what little they show of him.

I'm assuming that if you read this far down the thread, you're aware of spoilers, but...

Spoiler's coming:

Did Sydney find out at the end about her dad being behind the bombs from Vaugn, or did she surmise that from what she found out about her past?

I wonder if Vaugn or Sydney will tell the CIA. How could they punish Jack, though, since he's deep in SD-6? They need to have some way of saving Sydney's mom from the death sentence, though.

Does anyone else think that Sydney's somehow been programmed, beyond the abilities she has now? I don't mean superhuman powers, but somehow brainwashed, like the children who were "triggered" to become assasins later in life? Perhaps by her mom, who was stealing the secrets of this technique from Jack?

And I just thought of this now, but: didn't the Rivaldi (sp?) prophecy reveal that Sydney's mom would destroy the world? Isn't that why they had Sydney in lockdown last season? Why would they let her enjoy any amount of freedom whatsoever, especially contacting her daughter? Is she not considered a bigger threat than SD6? I mean, last season, based on an assumption they were going to pull Sydney out of SD6, jeapordising their whole campaign against them, because they thought that she was the woman in the prophecy.