Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Without a Trace 10/31

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-02, 09:02 AM

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts
Without a Trace 10/31

Another solid episode last night.

This show is paired well with CSI, however I find myself to be enjoying it more than its lead-in. Maybe it's the fresh new faces that I enjoy or maybe it's that I find the writing to be better.

Either way, good show.
Old 11-01-02, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like a couple of the characters on CSI, but IMO the writing is pretty average most of the time. So far, I find Without a Trace to be a much stronger show. It pisses me off that CBS is latching onto the NBC "Every Episode Must Have a Twist" promotion campaign. There was nothing shocking about this particular episode, but the way it was promoted all week pretty much killed the whole thing. The writers played it off very well. The audience knew what the guy had really done, and so it wasn't revealed to us in some "shocking" manner. They just slowly mentioned it, since all the characters had the same conclusion in the back of their minds. It was written well, despite CBS execs trying to ruin it all week.

das
Old 11-01-02, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Can someone tell me what happened in the last 15 minutes? The tape ran out when I was taping it. I saw up to the point where they confronted the first wife, and she said that he suspected that her father was doing something illegal, and she had told her father. What happened after this?
Old 11-01-02, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone?? Please?? I am curious to see what happened!
Old 11-01-02, 08:55 PM

Received 812 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
Anyone?? Please?? I am curious to see what happened!
Since its already aired, I ain't using spoilers.

Basically her father was having her husband followed (the tall man with the mustache, a PI). He was just tracking his movements but had no real inclination that he was a whistle blower. You probably saw the scene in the cafe where the "missing husband" was meeting with the SEC, and promising to help the stockholders out and would get immunity. He then started the process of blowing that whistle.

The other man who showed up at the second wife's home was one of the stockholders. Vivian told Danny and Martin they found out who the second dude was when they studied a list of stockholders living in San Diego and then cross checked that list with the DMV and found the only one with a green truck. He said that he had bumped into the "missing husband" as he [the stockholder] was leaving the airport.

If I rememeber correctly, the jist of the story was this, as he was walking to his plane, he got a phone call and left the airport. The PI had seen him going to get a paper and just figured he would board the plane eventually, but he never did, thus he lost him. The "missing husband" then got in his car and headed up the coast. The stockholder, seeing him leave the airport, followed him. A kind of chase ensued, which eventually ended in the "missing husband" losing control of the car and then systematically driving off a bridge.

They found the car, but no body. The windows were opened and they assumed that his body washed away.

But not Jack.

Mysteriously, the next morning a package arrived at the SEC with enough evidence to incriminate the father-in-law and a few others. The post mark was moments after he had left the airport.

In the end Samantha made the comment that if the second wife and the little boy suddenly relocated in 6 mos he wouldn't be surprised.

Jack agreed, and Martin took the photo off the board...

... case closed?

I have to agree with the fact that w/oAT (hey look, I coined an anagram!) is the best new show this season.
Old 11-02-02, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Great ending. Thanks for posting it! It was driving me crazy not knowing what happened! Did they find out who made the phone call?
Old 11-02-02, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
Great ending. Thanks for posting it! It was driving me crazy not knowing what happened! Did they find out who made the phone call?
there was a phone call made by his 2nd wife in NY from her father conference room while the dude is @ the airport. i m not sure if this phone call you are looking for.

Did they really film the bridge scence in San Diego? the beach scence where Danny and the little boy were talking seem like a ghost beach, noone is on the beach.