Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Vice City's Safehouse and Business Purchasing Guide.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-02, 07:48 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to try and keep this thread as spoiler free as possible. Any mission spoilers will be blacked out.

Safehouse Guide:

If you don't know already, Vice City gives you the ability to purchase your own safehouses around the city from the very start of the game. Here are the available properties, prices, and features you can get with them.

Skumhole Shack / Price: $1,000 / Features: Several crackheads / Location: Across the street from the biker bar on the roof.

3321 Vice Point / Price: $2,500 / Location: Top of first island above North Point mall.

1102 Washington Street / Price: $3,000 / Location: Across the street from the lawyer's office.

Links View Apartments / Price: $6,000 / Features: 1 garage / Location: Look on paper map. Near golf course.

Ocean Heights Apartment / Price: $7,000 / Features: 1 garage / Location: Look on paper map. Bottom of the first island.

El Swanko Casa / Price: $8,000 / Features: 1 garage / Location: Look on paper map. First Island

Hyman Condo / Price: $14,000 / Features: 3 garages, 1 helipad with helicopter / Location: Look on paper map. Near stadium on 2nd island.

I recomend saving up for the Hyman Condo. The helicopter is very useful in several missions. The 3 garages are also exceptionally handy.

Business Guide:

After you beat a certain mission, you will open up the ability to purchase profitable businesses around Vice City. The mission you need to beat is:

Spoiler:
"Rub Out" You have to kill Diaz and take over his mansion. You will make 50,000 from that job. Then you have to beat a mission called "Shake Down". That mission consists of breaking store windows at North Point mall to gain respect from the buisness owners.

Spoiler:
Also, you can make money with the Diaz mansion. Complete the next 2 missions after Shake Down that have to do with the mall. Make sure and use the Pay and Spray during Cop Land. Anyway, you will earn $5000 a day after you complete the mansion missions.

After you have accomplished all that, the following are opened up for purchase. After purchased, You have to complete certain missions to start the cash flow.

The Boatyard / Price: $10,000 / Payout per day: $2,000 Location: Vice Port

How to start making money:

Spoiler:
Hop in one of the boats and a mission called Checkpoint Charlie will start. Just drive the boat through all the checkpoints before the time runs out. Once you finish it...the Boatyard will be open to make money. You can keep going back to the Checkpoint Charlie mission. Each time you complete it, the Boatyard will make more money, but it does gets harder.

Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory / Price: $20,000 / Payout per day: $3,000 / Location: Between Little Havana and Little Haiti.

Spoiler:
The mission for the Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory actually involves driving Mr. Whoopee. You have to get 50 buyers in a single run. (single run meaning - no getting out of the truck, getting killed, or getting arrested)

The Pole Position Strip Club / Price: $30,000 / Payout per day: $4,000 / Location: West of Ocean View Hotel

Spoiler:
Go into the hallway in the back and into the first door on the left. You will get a private dance from a girl. When she starts the dance, money will start ticking away. Once you spend $600 on her, then the Strip Club will be open to make money for you.

Kaufman Cabs Price: $40,000 / Payout per day: $5,000 / Location: North end of Little Haiti

Spoiler:
You have to be in a Kaufman Cab to complete the 3 missions. They all involve beating the competition. The first is a race to catch a fare. Be read to bash the other cab. The second is a hunt for 3 competing cabs. All need to be destroyed. The last is a trick. You have to survive for 2 minutes plus beat the supercab.

Sunshine Auto Showroom / Price: $50,000 / Payout per day: $6,000 / Location: East of Airport

Spoiler:
Once you buy the Showroom, head down to the lower garages and you'll find a list of cars on the wall, near the single garage. Steal these cars and bring them to this garage. When each list is complete the Showroom will make money for you...more each time. It will also unlock a car each time and place it in the showroom. There are 4 lists to complete.

The Film Studio / Price: $60,000 / Payout per day: $7,000 / Location: Prawn Island

Spoiler:
4 missions to complete. The first involves recruiting Candy Suxx and Mercedes. Bring guns and body armor. The second involves spreading the news of the new movie with the Seaplane. Start on the utmost right point and work your way around. The third involves catching the politician in the act with Candy Suxx for blackmail. Bring body armor and an automatic. The fourth involves a series of motorcycle jumps on rooftops. Bring body armor.

Print Works / Price: $70,000 / Payout per day: $8,000 / Location: North-East of Airport

Spoiler:
Complete 2 missions. The first involves stealing plates to print money. Bring body armor, a sniper rifle, and an automatic. It's very tough. The second is even worse. Wait until helicoptor lands, then chase down and kill the courier. High tail it back to the Print works with 4 stars.

The Malibu Club / Price: $120,000 / Payout per day: $10,000 / Location: East of Golf Course

Spoiler:
A total of 4 missions. The first 3 involve recruiting guys to help you with the 4th mission. You recruit a Shooter, a Driver, and a Safe Cracker. The fourth mission involves robbing the Vice City Bank. Very tough!

Last edited by Flay; 11-05-02 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-01-02, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is a great guide, Flay...I was wondering how to go about purchasing the buisness and making money.
Old 11-01-02, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nice post Flay. The whole real estate thing was quite befuddling to me.
Old 11-01-02, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I can't find the hyman condo. Where is it?

(great guide Flay)
Old 11-01-02, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just spent a half hour looking for a new hideout. Where the hell are all these places?

Great guide BTW. You should submit it to GameFAQs.
Old 11-01-02, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Thanks! VERY helpful in getting started on buying...
Old 11-01-02, 04:24 PM

not sure where this skumhole shack is, but i might splurge and buy it when i find it. I think i can turn it into a rehab for all the crackheads, or just kill them all, not sure yet..
Old 11-01-02, 04:26 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

I'm working on the locations for the hideouts.

Hyman Condo is next to the stadium. Look on the map that came with your game disc.
Old 11-01-02, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The map! I completely forgot to look there! Thanks!
Old 11-01-02, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
I can't find the hyman. Where is it?

(great guide Flay)
Must....resist....mature.....joke.....
Old 11-01-02, 09:45 PM
Banned

Just wondering, do you think Hyman Condo, the name that is, is a reference to Hyman Roth of Godfather Part 2? He did live in Florida. Either way the game rules!
Old 11-02-02, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by dasmooth1
not sure where this skumhole shack is, but i might splurge and buy it when i find it. I think i can turn it into a rehab for all the crackheads, or just kill them all, not sure yet..
It's on top of a rooftop, kind of near the Hyman condos. There's a flight of stairs leading up from the street. If you can get access to a helicopter, it will probably be easier to find.
Old 11-02-02, 10:36 AM

I found the hyman condo, thanks for the directions.

( go ahead and make your joke liver&onions )

My helicopter disappeared, whats up with that, does it only show up during certain hours of the day?

Last edited by ClarkKentKY; 11-02-02 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-02-02, 10:46 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY

My helicopter disappeared, whats up with that, does it only show up during certain hours of the day?
Go run around the block or drive around the city for a bit. It will reappear.
Old 11-02-02, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Just bought the condo today after beating the helicopter mission and unlocking the whole city. I have to admit I drove past the thing at least ten times, but I finally found it.
Old 11-02-02, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, Hyman Condo is definitely better than my Vice Point purchase.
Old 11-02-02, 04:48 PM

Originally posted by lesterlong
Just wondering, do you think Hyman Condo, the name that is, is a reference to Hyman Roth of Godfather Part 2? He did live in Florida. Either way the game rules!
TOTALLY! When I heard of it I thought the same thing. The design team is awesome with these little bits of homage to their favorite movies.
I never saw it in a guide or post, but I think I was the only way to make the connection of Borgnine Taxi's in GTA3.
Ernest Borgnine played "Cabby" in Escape From New York.
Great stuff these GTA games.
Anyone member the bus mission in GTA1 where you had to stay above 50mph?
Old 11-02-02, 07:04 PM

Thanks a bunch Flay! you helped me a ton!
Old 11-02-02, 09:26 PM

Thanks Flay, I bought the Hyman condo last night, it's a big help.
Old 11-03-02, 09:10 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Ok, I've got all the locations accept for 3321 Vice Point. Can anyone tell me where that one is at?
Old 11-03-02, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Flay
Ok, I've got all the locations accept for 3321 Vice Point. Can anyone tell me where that one is at?
It's all the way up North in the corner above the North Point Mall if I remember correctly. It said $2500 to purchase so I assume thats the spot.
Old 11-03-02, 10:36 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Thanks for the tip. I've updated the last location.

I've also updated the Movie Studio mission info along with the info about the mansion.
Old 11-03-02, 12:55 PM

Thanks a bunch Flay!

Great guide. I was wondering about all the property ownership aspects of the game, and I was getting a little sick of driving all the way back to the Hotel to save after completing a mission.

After I get off work, I'm gonna buy me some property!

Old 11-04-02, 11:53 PM

I'm gonna give this a bump. Such a useful thread shouldn't be buried on the second page.
Old 11-05-02, 08:47 AM

anyone figured out a place to store the apache yet?
there's a helipad at Hyman and at Diaz's mansion
anyone tried?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.