Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Letter in Nintendo Power

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-02, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Letter in Nintendo Power

Now relax, this was a free subscription I would never actually PAY for this magazine, but I still skim it for anything of interest and I noticed some girl wrote in with an interesting story. I'm not going to type her whole damn letter, but she said that she was in Japan and was visiting Nintendo headquarters in Kyoto. No visitors allowed but who walks out but Shigeru Miyamoto. She said he talked to her for like 10 minutes even though he was on a way to lunch. So then the other guy who was there introduced himself as Mr.Iwata who she later found out was the president of Nintendo. She even got a picture (which they printed) and an autograph from them.

Anyway I just have to say how cool is that? This girl is just hanging outside the Nintendo building and gets to meet these two guys? And not only that but gets to talk with them for a while and take pictures? Probably two of the most important people at Nintendo just chatting with someone who comes off the street and they don't act like self-important dicks. I was just really impressed, and maybe the letter was bull (which I don't think, but maybe I'm gullible like that) but it just made me want to stalk Miyamoto now.
Old 10-31-02, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why, I don't......

I woudn't get excited! Even if I saw and talk to the President of the United States. So what! They are just people working like anybody else.

I don't get excited to meet people like that.
Old 10-31-02, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Why, I don't......

Originally posted by kar10
I woudn't get excited! Even if I saw the President of the United States. So what! They are just people working like anybody else.

I don't get excited to meet people like that.
Don't you watcht he West Wing? The president is a god compared to us

If I had 10 minutes with those 2 folks, be sure I'd be drilling for some hard answers on their recent 'questionable" choices... and perhaps kick Mr. Iwata in the balls for selling rare.
Old 10-31-02, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wonder if she was dressed in a schoolgirl uniform.
Old 10-31-02, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That is cool.

There are rumors that Nintendo will start including Gamecube demos in NP next year. If that happens I will have to subscribe.
Old 10-31-02, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Aghama
The Otter in me desperately wants to post a link to the UK Clubbing Trend Thread from a while back...

...schoolgirls....
Old 10-31-02, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I wasn't trying to make these guys out to be like Gods or anything. I was just saying that it's nice for people who are so famous (at least to gamers) and well-respected to take time out and talk to the "little guy."
And no she wasn't wearing a school uniform unfortunately.
Old 10-31-02, 02:50 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Wow. This is by far the most surprising thing I've read in this forum in a long long time...

Somebody actually reads "Nintendo Power"?
Old 10-31-02, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

heheh, i skim it but i get it for free as well. I'd get excited if i saw Miyamoto because i like his work, but i wouldn't get too excited if I saw the president of the US because well, thats another topic. Anyway thats pretty cool, who wouldn't want to meet the personality who created Mario, Zelda, DK, countless others . Apparently Mr. Miyamoto is a pretty cool guy when it comes to meeting fans, some other site had a similar encounter with him at E3, the tape they used to video tape his speech messed up, so they got a new tape and actually walked into his room backstage uninvited and he wasn't the least bit angry at them. He actually offered to walk back out onto the floor to get pose in front of the Nintendo logo with them
Old 10-31-02, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's a great story if it's true.

First I would ask him if he's played Halo, just for grins.

Then I would follow him around whispering "Mario Kart Cube" in his ear until he broke down and made it happen.

stoolie
Old 10-31-02, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Aghama
That was the first thing I thought when I read that.
Old 10-31-02, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Stoolie

Then I would follow him around whispering "Mario Kart Cube" in his ear until he broke down and made it happen.

stoolie
Mario Kart is "scheduled" for early next year. I read March somewhere, but since Zelda is coming out in Feb. 2nd, who knows. The "rumor" is of course it will support online play.

We shall see...

On Topic:
I think it's great when an important person, or a star is down to earth and nice to the fans. Sure beats them turning out to be a jerk. (Stewert)