Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"Hunter" returns

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-02, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Hunter" returns

Former NBC series stars Fred Dryer and Stepfanie Kramer of the hit drama “Hunter” reunite in NBC’s new two-hour movie, “Hunter: Return to Justice.” The longform event will be telecast on Saturday, November 16 (9-11 p.m. ET).

“Hunter: Return to Justice” brings back the series (1984-91) original cast members Dryer (“Land’s End”) and Kramer (“The Dogwalker”), who return as veteran Los Angeles Police Detectives Rick Hunter and Dee Dee McCall, respectively.

“Hunter: Return to Justice” is the first of two “Hunter” TV movies scheduled for broadcast this season on NBC.

In the new movie, after a drug bust goes bad, Hunter (Dryer) is left standing alone with a dead partner as a police investigation questions his integrity. Taking some time off from the job, Hunter visits San Diego to see his old friend and former partner McCall (Kramer). However, Hunter finds himself pressed into service once again when McCall’s fiance’ – San Diego mayoral candidate Roger Prescott (Sam Hennings, “Moonlighting”) -- kills an intruder during a home robbery and unleashes a mysterious chain of events that connects Prescott to a suspicious former Russian KGB Agent (Peter Lucas).
Old 10-28-02, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Sometimes sweeps ideas really are that stupid and should be kept to oneself.

Now, I have nothing against the show, having never really been a fan (since it was on before I really cared much about TV outside of cartoons)....but is there a great demand for this particular TV reunion?
Old 10-28-02, 11:09 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Cool...I'll tune in.
Old 10-29-02, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
hunter ruled
Old 10-29-02, 12:07 AM

I liked Hunter (in re-runs), but this mysterious chain of events/kgb story line sounds lame. Besides, isnt the guy who plays Hunter kinda too old for this type of thing?
Old 10-29-02, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 480 Likes on 352 Posts
Hunter was a great show. I'd like to watch, but I'm going to be at the San Diego State football game.

Hmmm.... Fred Dryer was an Aztec. I've gotta support those Aztecs. I better program that VCR....

And when are we going to see "The NEW T.J. Hooker?"
Old 10-29-02, 06:53 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting.. I loved watching Hunter when it was on tv before.

I'll probably record it and give it a watch later...
Old 10-29-02, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i will try and remember to catch it but i really hope that it doesn't turn out to be stupid.
Old 10-29-02, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I loved that show, and can't wait to see that movie.
Old 10-29-02, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, the first movie wasn't anything special. I doubt this one will be different. Still, I loved the show and will watch. It never worked without McCall (Novak, anyone?), so at least Kramer's in it. Sounds a bit tired in the plot department, though.

das
Old 10-29-02, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
Well, the first movie wasn't anything special. I doubt this one will be different. Still, I loved the show and will watch. It never worked without McCall (Novak, anyone?), so at least Kramer's in it. Sounds a bit tired in the plot department, though.

das
Yes, the show went downhill fast after Fred got a little too full of himself and decided to let Stephanie Kramer go. Still, in its hay days, it was a pretty decent show.

I will try to catch it if I happen to be around a TV at that time.

PAL