Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Packer Fans Unite!

Iron Chef
10-28-02, 11:31 AM
The Packers have the best record of any team in the NFC right now. :D

The difficult part of the schedule is behind us. Is this our year?

GO PACK GO!

http://www.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/rev/oct02/brett1013.jpg

bralph
10-28-02, 12:21 PM
Tough games left with Miami, San Fran, Tampa and Buffalo. Also, the Metrodome is not nice to Green Bay most years. Finally, until I see Favre on the field being Favre, I will be a bit nervous.

That said, the Packers do seem to be rolling, and have little contention in the division. I have all the confidence in the world that Sherman will keep them focused, and Donatell to keep pulling rabbits out of his hat.

KitchenSink
10-28-02, 12:26 PM
This bye week came at a great time. Get all a bunch of those nicked up guys back, especially DBs. Still some tough games to play, but they have a great shot at the top record in the NFC. Ah, Lambeau in January. That would be sweet.

GO PACK!!

grrrah
10-28-02, 01:01 PM
I am not a packer fan, but I really need Farve to stay healthy and productive the rest of the year... so GO FARVE!

mikehunt
11-03-02, 02:38 PM
Farve better start

bpatt
11-03-02, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Iron Chef
The Packers have the best record of any team in the NFC right now. :D

The difficult part of the schedule is behind us. Is this our year?

Yes, it definitely is! Tomorrow night's game is huge - especially since I'm down here in Mahi-ville!

Go Pack!

movielib
11-04-02, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by mikehunt
Farve better start
But that would end Favre's streak.;)

bluntman72
11-04-02, 12:52 AM
Go Dolphins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They need to let Farve rest another week so That Jason Taylor doesn't have such an easy target infront of him.

Seriously though as a Miami fan I would love to see Farve sit out this game since my team needs this win badly and have to do it with Lucas at QB :(

bishop2knight
11-04-02, 08:34 AM
Favre's status has been bumped to PROBABLE for tonight's game.

I do indeed think this is the Packers' year. They've already pretty much wrapped up the division. All they need to do now is get home field advantage. If Favre and Green stay in the lineup AND they get home field throughout the playoffs, I don't think they can be beaten.

Tonight's game could even be a Super Bowl preview.

wildcatlh
11-04-02, 08:41 AM
Favre could be in trouble tonight. He's going to play ... but he's nowhere near his normal mobility. Jason Taylor might have a fun time tonight.

Flashback
11-04-02, 10:36 AM
I'm a Dolphins fan and have to say that this game is not going to be easy to win at all for two reasons (Farve is a given as well). It's in Green Bay and Lucas is the QB. I hope they pull it out but I would be suprised if they win this one.

I think I may stay in and watch this one since there are so many GB fans that will be at the bars here and they are just plain obnoxious. However, it's priceless to see them when the Packs lose. They take is so personally haha.

Iron Chef
11-04-02, 10:49 AM
The temp in GB tonight will be around 30. :D

Time for some frozen fish.

bishop2knight
11-04-02, 10:51 AM
The Packers will rely on Ahman Green tons tonight. They'll keep Williams (FB) and the tightends in to block on passing downs.

The Packers D is tough. I see them creating havoc for Lucas, but don't expect a 4 int. night. Williams will hover right around 100 yards.

Prediction:

Packers 27
Dolphins 17

Toad
11-04-02, 11:47 AM
Go Pack Go!!!!

movielib
11-04-02, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Flashback
I'm a Dolphins fan and have to say that this game is not going to be easy to win at all for two reasons (Farve is a given as well). It's in Green Bay and Lucas is the QB. I hope they pull it out but I would be suprised if they win this one.
As a Dolphin fan, I have to agree. Lucas is a big question mark right now with a lot on the line for himself personally tonight. I hope he is not as inaccurate as he was against Buffalo. He has played decently in the past. Fiedler would have picked apart the Bills' crappy defense.
I think I may stay in and watch this one since there are so many GB fans that will be at the bars here and they are just plain obnoxious. However, it's priceless to see them when the Packs lose. They take is so personally haha.
If you think there are Packer fans there, try where I am.;)

I love to see the collective gloom of the whole state when the Pack loses. But I've made a deal with my wife that I do not root openly against the Packers in her presence no matter how I feel about them. The one exception is when they play my team, the Dolphins. So since they won't play each other again for four years (unless in the Superbowl) I have to go all out tonight although my hopes are not high.

In any event, Dolphins lifetime record vs. the Packers: 9-1.:)

Iron Chef
11-04-02, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by movielib
In any event, Dolphins lifetime record vs. the Packers: 9-1.:)

touche'

FYI Brett Favre has a perfect record when the temperature falls below 40 deg F, and the last time thay met at Lambeau the Packers won 23 - 18.

Myster X
11-04-02, 01:13 PM
Packs finally play a "real team" for the first time this year. :D

movielib
11-04-02, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by mysterX
Packs finally play a "real team" for the first time this year. :D
A real team with a pretend quarterback.:(

movielib
11-04-02, 01:25 PM
touche'

FYI Brett Favre has a perfect record when the temperature falls below 40 deg F, and the last time thay met at Lambeau the Packers won 23 - 18.
Yeah, I remember that. Dolphins could have won that game too even though the Packers were a much better team at that time (Packers won the Superbowl the year before and got to the Superbowl that year and were favored).

Everything (except Favre's injury) seems to be in favor of the Pack in this game.:(

mikehunt
11-04-02, 02:56 PM
going to be watching the game and drinking beer with friends
what could be better?

movielib
11-04-02, 11:39 PM
Packer fans: congrats. Your guys really look like one of the best, maybe the best team in the league right now.

mikehunt
11-05-02, 02:03 AM
wings from the originator of chicken wings
beer
2 chicks
and a packers win
tonight was good

kevin75
11-05-02, 08:24 AM
the pack was looking good last night. i think that if favre stays healthy that they are the team to beat in the NFC. that is, if they don't have one of those funky losing streaks that are happening to many teams this year.

Iron Chef
11-05-02, 08:27 AM
The Dolphins got owned!

7-1 I hope they keep on rolling.

Flashback
11-05-02, 10:47 AM
Yup - that was an awful game from the Fins. Lucas must be sent to pasture. He was awful and the few passes that were on target were either dropped or tipped for an INT (Carter is not ready yet). I hate saying this but Fiedler needs to come back quickly. Didn't think they would win but I also did not think they would play that bad either.

GB has the central pretty wrapped up and should do well in the post-season if all stay healthy.

bluntman72
11-05-02, 05:03 PM
I thought Lucas was better than this, I can't believe I am missing Huard as a back up QB.

Dolphins need to get a real back-up QB soon and dump Lucas.

I have to give Green Bay credit for beating Miami, but wait till they have a QB who can actually throw touchdowns instead of INT's

As long as they can get their act together in time to beat the Jets I will be happy.

Lethal Nemesis
11-06-02, 02:20 AM
GB looks pretty good, but watch out for TB... :D

the aftermath
11-06-02, 04:13 AM
If Fiedler wasn't injured, I think the Dolphins would have won this game.

Iron Chef
11-06-02, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by the aftermath
If Fiedler wasn't injured, I think the Dolphins would have won this game.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

The Packers D dominated that game, and would have dominated that game whoever the Fins QB was. Did you not see all of the fumbles by the recievers forced by the Packers secondary?

movielib
11-06-02, 09:20 AM
I wholeheartedly disagree.

The Packers D dominated that game, and would have dominated that game whoever the Fins QB was. Did you not see all of the fumbles by the recievers forced by the Packers secondary?
I have to agree with you, IC. I think the Dolphins would have beaten Buffalo with Fiedler (as Lucas pretty much singlehandedly lost that game) but probably would have still lost to the Packers in cold Green Bay. The Packers are a much better team than the Bills. If they had played in Miami with Fiedler it possibly could have been different.

If Miami can get its act together and the teams meet in the Superbowl at more or less full strength, who knows?

bishop2knight
11-06-02, 09:21 AM
The Pack D is one of the best I've seen in recent years. After the first couple of weeks in which they seemed to give up yards AND points to just about everyone, they've turned it around.

The key is turnovers. They had 4, and could've had more if the boys in stripes hadn't blown the whistle early or called that incomplete pass.

If FAVRE stays healthy, I see the Packers in the Super Bowl, maybe with the Broncos.

joe liquor
11-07-02, 01:57 PM
Go Pack!

I was at Lambeau to see the Pack shred and can the Fish. I love that place. I need to find a family to marry into so I can get some season tickets. I love living in Chicago right now. The Bears are awful and the Pack is rolling. :D

agrall
11-07-02, 05:31 PM
Packers vs Broncos in San Diego...

Where have I heard that before???

Revenge, sweet revenge... :)