Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Xbox Live not found...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-02, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xbox Live not found...

I got my Xbox Live kit today, and set everything up right, but when it tries to connect it says Xbox Live not found. Anyone have this problem today? Maybe the service is down or something?
Old 10-26-02, 11:35 AM

set mine up last night. had to reset my modem and unplug/replug it all in before it would connect, but it works fine now.
Old 10-27-02, 12:19 AM

Anyone using Road Runner cable? I got my beta kit tuesday and am gonna hook it up Sunday afternoon. Should I expect to have to enter the username and password that I use for RR just to get it going? Or is it gonna connect to the internet without a hitch?

What should I expect when I set it up since I'm using RR?

Just trying to cover my butt before I get started.
Old 10-27-02, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There is a PPPoE setting in the xbox to enter your username and password.
Old 10-27-02, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never had to input any info into my xbox for Roadrunner Austin. Good lucky WOWZY!
Old 10-27-02, 09:32 PM

I set up my account late this afternoon while the race was rain delayed. I was pleased that it went through without a hitch. The wife and I had to go to my parents house for a cookout so I didn't get to play MotoGP but 2 races and I quickly found out that I suck!! I finished 11th in the first race and 5th in the second. I had loads of fun even though it was only 2 races and it's fair to say that the excitement of playing real people has taken me to a new level of gaming that I never thought I'd ever get to.

The Xbox communicator is the best thing since sliced bread! I had mixed thoughts about it at first but now after experiencing it first hand, I can say that I'll never give a keyboard a second thought.

A friend of mine is coming over this week after work to coach me on NFL Fever since I've never played any of the football series.

BTW My Gamertag is:

MAGGOT VOMIT
Old 10-30-02, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So I found out my Xbox just plain doesn't work with Live. And I'm not the only one, browsing the beta forums and other forums, many other people have the problem. It's not their ISP, it's not their router/network configuration, it's not the Xbox Live servers, it's just straight out their Xbox is defective and will not work with Xbox Live. Many of those people have purchased a new xbox or swapped with a friend and Live works fine. This is very disappointing, and I'm sure when Xbox Live launches many people who have the "defective" Xbox's will be very angry when they put down 50 bucks, fiddle with the settings for 4 hours and can't get it to work.
Old 10-30-02, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ironically, as I went to show my friend my problem. Live starts to work.