Reload this Page >

Smallville 10-22 "Nocturne"

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-22-02, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 801 Likes on 591 Posts

Hello and welcome back once again to the Smallville thread. Post your questions and comments.
Old 10-22-02, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's my spoiler
Spoiler:
A guy who's parents keep him locked up during the day sneaks out at night and leaves love letters for Lana on the grave of her parents. Clark thinks this guy is dangerous. Will Clark have to reveal his feelings for Lana to save her life? I personally think the graveyard guy is a vampire.
Old 10-22-02, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by lwhy?
Here's my spoiler
Spoiler:
A guy who's parents keep him locked up during the day sneaks out at night and leaves love letters for Lana on the grave of her parents. Clark thinks this guy is dangerous. Will Clark have to reveal his feelings for Lana to save her life? I personally think the graveyard guy is a vampire.
Spoiler:
I hope it is a vampire; this would be a great time to establish Clark's susceptibility to magic, if that's something they'll follow.

On a side note, how many people think seeing another Kryptonian or Daxamite or something isn't too far off? It's getting to the point that once Clark actually figures out somebody is the bad guy, they're pretty screwed. Nobody can really compete with him.
Old 10-22-02, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone notice the resemblance to Angel when he went sunlight-postal?

From next week's teaser, it appears he'll tell Lana but they're gonna drag it out five episodes?
Old 10-22-02, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Clark: "our family doesn't fly much"
Lex: "well that's all about to change soon"
Old 10-22-02, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Overall, an okay episode. Having Martha Kent become Lionel's personal assistant will have trouble brewing in the future. Jonathan's going go ape one of these days.

The whole cold shoulder thing between Lana to Clark makes me remember those high school days so unfondly, but it doesn't get any better as you get older. I thought Lana looked especially yummy this episode, like she's almost getting out of that young teenager look (in real life).

Lana got to tag Clark with the "Clark Kent, the man of steel" line. Chloe's been pushed to the background, and Pete doesn't know when to run.

The misunderstood poetic "bad guy" main plot only served to give Lionel another chance to do some blind man detecting as Clark shows up and deals with Byron. I'll bet Lionel is on to Clark. The other part is getting Clark to become a bit more mushier towards Lana (with the poetry angle). Love the limerick book Clark gave Byron.

I wonder why they didn't show any previews for next week's episode?
Old 10-22-02, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
The misunderstood poetic "bad guy" main plot only served to give Lionel another chance to do some blind man detecting as Clark shows up and deals with Byron. I'll bet Lionel is on to Clark. The other part is getting Clark to become a bit more mushier towards Lana (with the poetry angle). Love the limerick book Clark gave Byron.
I agree about Lionel being on to Clark. I'm not even convinced he's actually blind... I remember him telling Lex what the outcome of the operation was, but I don't remember hearing a doctor actually say it. And I could swear he looked at his watch when he fired that employee... he looked at his wrist and said something along the lines of "thanks for giving me a 5 minute speech."

What I want to know is how in the heck reverse-vampire boy was able to actually hold a helicopter down? I don't care how strong he is, even if he latched onto the helicopter, it would only add the weight of a human being. The helicopter should have lifted right up with Byron attached, just like it was carrying four people instead of three.
Old 10-22-02, 09:43 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Yes, character development is great, but...

Please, please, please, no more "freak of the week" to drive it. It was getting old even last season. Aren't the Luthors enough?
Old 10-22-02, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Just as I predicted.....crappy episode (IMO before the fireman come out).

And if this seasons pattern holds next episode should be damn good.
Old 10-22-02, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hope Clark doesn't tell Lana. I think the show will go down the hill after this. Does anyone else besides me enjoy the vivid farmland backgrounds I think the show looks great. I bet it would look even better if I had HDTV. I was hopping they would develop Clark with an interest in journalism. He writes for a newspaper in the future. Also Clark needs to battle someone that matches up to him. It is basically Clark kicking every freak of the week's butt. They should have someone who gives Clark trouble for a few weeks instead of Lana.
Old 10-22-02, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

One more thing, Smallville is starting to rack up in the ratings. One week 8.9 million people watched the show (I think that is a Wb record) and I wonder what the ratings would be like if everyone received the WB network, they didn't show reruns on Sunday, and you would have to watch on Tuesday? Also, I think the ratings might go down a little when 24 comes back on. Some people might start to watch 24 on Tuesday and wait til Sunday to watch Smallville.
Old 10-22-02, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does anyone know how many episodes they will be making this year? 20, 22, or 24. I am hoping for 24.
Old 10-22-02, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by lwhy?
Does anyone know how many episodes they will be making this year? 20, 22, or 24. I am hoping for 24.
Yes, 24 hour long episodes in real time to compete with 24 season two!

And in response to Lionel apparently looking at his watch: I though he opened it up and felt it, that it was a watch with braile, but it did look like he looked at it with a glance, as if he couldn't read the braile and had to peek at what the time actually was. I do agree that it seems he can see. Either the actor playing the character cannot act blind, or they are leading up to something. If he can see....whoa, Clark is in serious trouble later on! But if he was really blind, wouldn't his eyes be clouded over? I know, that's not necesarrily the way all eyes are for blind people, but from a TV show stand point, to emphasise the point, wouldn't they make him wear contacts to make his pupils grey? There are too many times his eyes follow people as they walk and talk, and as I said either he's a poor actor or he's wearing those dark glasses to conceal the fact he can see.
Old 10-22-02, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
too bad the bad guy holding the chopper to the ground was really lame
I realize the show is completely fake, but that was going too far
did the drug make the guy weigh 40 tons too

Last edited by mikehunt; 10-22-02 at 11:37 PM.
Old 10-22-02, 11:30 PM

I thought it was an awesome episode, i think clark will be revealing his identity to Lana pretty soon though, i really hope also
Old 10-23-02, 12:03 AM

I like this episode especially the interaction between Clark and Lana. Their dialog at the end strongly hinted that Lana already know much about Clark's power. I hope once Clark revealed his id to Lana, their relationship will still be interesting to watch.
Old 10-23-02, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn, i thought tonights show was a big POS. I got bored watching it. I hope we don't see that poet boy in any future episodes.
Old 10-23-02, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I was almost right from my prediction in last week's thread:

Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Question regarding next week's preview:

Is it just me, or did that dude that was macking on Lana look like he was a vampire or had some kind of vampirish vibe to him?
He wasn't a vampire but definitely had that Tom Cruise in "Interview with a Vampire" thing going on.

Did anybody else notice that Clark was wearing a blue t-shirt and red jacket?

I thought Lana's "Clark Kent, Man of Steel" line was kinda lame. It just didn't fit and it seems like the writers just threw that in there.

Clark giving Byron the book of limericks was funny.

I hadn't seen Richard Moll in a long time. I remember him fondly from his "Night Court" days as Bull.

Frankly, I'd like to see Lex and Lana hook up because I think it would make for an interesting storyline down the road because it can be another reason why Lex and Clark become enemies. I doubt it'll happen, though, unless Lana sees a softer side of Lex that Lex only shows to Clark.

Pete should be dead or paralyzed. Going through a windshield at the velocity that Byron threw him would have given Pete more than a broken arm. Then again, I have to remind myself that the show is fake.

As for Byron being able to hold down the helicopter, it was obviously done poorly, but I just attributed it to him maybe being able to gain more mass in his Jekyll state.

Old 10-23-02, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, and in case you guys didn't know, Lionel's anecdote about Zeus and Prometheus was a shout out to me!

Just kidding.

Old 10-23-02, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

when the byron morph, he seems more like a werewolf than a vampire, since werewolf tends to be stronger than a vampire.
Old 10-23-02, 09:03 AM

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Ok, is it just me or did we get totally scammed by the WB's preview of the episode last week? They made it out to seem like Clark would have to finally make his move on Lana or lose her to vampire boy. IIRC, they even showed him about to kiss her. I kept waiting on that to happen, and it never did.
Another thing, and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet. When vampire boy attacks the helicoptor, Clark and Lex were inside talking (hence the Kent's are about to fly a lot more comment). Then suddenly Clark's outside stopping vampire boy. But where did Lex vanish to, and why wasn't he there to see Clark fight the guy? Then later he's even surprised that Clark was there to stop him. Very disjointed, IMO.
Old 10-23-02, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Lex Angle...I believe he was just about to leave (I'd have to watch my tape again) on business when his father's helicopter came.

This was a crappy episode, especially set against last week's episode (which was great...but then again the writer has written for the Superman comic books before and is currently doing so now).

I think the preview was a cavalcade of shots from the upcoming 5 new episodes. I think it is funny that they stressed the "5 all-new episodes" when all we've had was new episodes recently.

I guarantee Lana will know...either during the months of November, February or May. She knows in the comics, it is bound to happen in the show.

The part I thought was funny was when Lana brushed off Byron's actions because "he was a different person", but last week she didn't brush off Clark's actions even though he was a different person (and told her so). Ironic, eh?
Old 10-23-02, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Tom Banjo
Ok, is it just me or did we get totally scammed by the WB's preview of the episode last week? They made it out to seem like Clark would have to finally make his move on Lana or lose her to vampire boy. IIRC, they even showed him about to kiss her. I kept waiting on that to happen, and it never did.
Welcome to the bait and switch of previews. X-Files pulled this all the time (the biggest offender of this IMO), where you would think the show was going to go one way and it went a totally different one. Previews are supposed to get you to watch next week's episode.
Old 10-23-02, 09:48 AM
Banned

I agree with Eric. Freak of the weak is getting old.

Did like that they gave Martha something to do and Bull from Nightcourt was there. They should have had Markie Post as the Mother.
Old 10-23-02, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Tom Banjo
Yeah, I noticed that too. Frickin' bastids.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.