Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

ROBOTECH : BATTLECRY - Which console?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-02, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ROBOTECH : BATTLECRY - Which console?

I own a GameCube and PS2, is there any difference between these two ROBOTECH : BATTLECRY versions? Which is the best??
Old 10-21-02, 03:08 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EGM reviewed the PS2 and X-box versions and said they were identical.

Unfortunately, they didn't review the cube version for whatever reason. Chances are, it's identical as well. Usually if there's a difference it seems to be that the PS2 version is superior and the X-box and GCN versions are rushed (i.e. Need for Speed 2).

So given that the PS2 and X-box versions are the same, I'd ponder a guess that the GCN version is identical as well.

I'd read some reviews of the GC version just to be sure though, if you decide to go that route.
Old 10-21-02, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd go with whatever controller would be easiest for you to use.
Obviously haven't played the GC version yet, but I'm certain it's more suited for the PS2 controller than the GC.
Old 10-21-02, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

According to the website there's no difference in content between the three consoles. I'd probably say try and find a good deal on it somewhere.
Old 10-21-02, 11:41 PM

not to thread crap but to say the PS2 version is usually superior is flat out myopic and idiotic. NFS2 is best on the ps2 but come on almost every single game that is across all 3platforms runs smoother, more consistent fps, and less jaggy on gamecube and X box, compared to the ps2.
Old 10-22-02, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I own a PS2 and GC too. I chose to get it for the PS2 since I prefer the controller over the GC one. But that's my preference and reasoning for one over the other.
Old 10-22-02, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts
I agree. It seems like the controller will be the deciding factor for you. I would try to find out what the button lay-out is for both versions. Both controllers have their own good points, and bad points. Go with the one that works best for this game.
Old 10-23-02, 12:06 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never said the PS2 version was usually superior. I said in cases where there is a major difference in quality, the PS2 version is usually superior, simply because some developers focus on that version as it will make them the most money due to it's larger user base.

Most ports are pretty much the same, with just minor graphic tweaks here and there, which usually aren't enough of a difference to factor into which system to buy the game on for most people.

The controller is the deciding factor for me if the ports are equal. The Wavebird is my favorite, so I opt for the GC over the PS2 for multi console games, except in cases like NFS2 where the PS2 version is superior.
Old 10-28-02, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by drexel
not to thread crap but to say the PS2 version is usually superior is flat out myopic and idiotic. NFS2 is best on the ps2 but come on almost every single game that is across all 3platforms runs smoother, more consistent fps, and less jaggy on gamecube and X box, compared to the ps2.
idiotic? yeesh.

here's what IGN had to say on the matter:

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that with how visually close the cross-platform versions of Robotech truly are, that PlayStation 2 gamers win out with the best edition. Far more intuitive on the control pad than on the GameCube or Xbox, manipulating your Veritech is not only easier on Sony's machine, but it looks just as good. Congratulations PS2 fans!
Old 10-28-02, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by drexel
not to thread crap but to say the PS2 version is usually superior is flat out myopic and idiotic.
To say that an opinion is idiotic is the SAME as calling the person giving the opinion an idiot. There may be a technical difference, but for all intents and purposes, they are the same. To disagree would be idiotic (see what I mean?).
Old 10-28-02, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For the record, I ended up picking the GameCube version. The controls seem find to me, although it took some time getting used to it, but I think that has to do with the gameplay, not the controller type. Great game BTW but I'm speaking from a Macross...er.... Robotech fan point of view.

Old 10-28-02, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by darqleo
For the record, I ended up picking the GameCube version. The controls seem find to me, although it took some time getting used to it, but I think that has to do with the gameplay, not the controller type. Great game BTW but I'm speaking from a Macross...er.... Robotech fan point of view.

me too, i just picked up the gc version. great game but the controls do taking a little getting used to. it would have been nice to be able to customize the buttons yourself.