Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Anyone excited about "Fatal Frame"?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-02, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone excited about "Fatal Frame"?

For some reason I'm really pumped for this game. I'm assuming it's still scheduled for release on 10/29 (XBOX).....Comments?
Old 10-21-02, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kinda like Pokemon SNAP, huh?

Just kidding, it looks kinda kewl.
www.fatalframe.com
Old 10-21-02, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I played it at a friends house months ago and thought it was a pretty cool game. I still haven't bought it, but someday I will, since I believe it goes fairly cheap on eBay.
Old 10-21-02, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would have been stoked if I could have gotten it a week ago, but since it's coming out what like two days before Halloween, I'm going to pass. The novelty of playing a scary game kinda runs out after Halloween, so I'd rather put my money towards some system must-haves coming out the next couple weeks.

Jeremy
Old 10-21-02, 10:47 PM

This is the scariest most intense game I have ever played. Only on Sunday afternoons at 1pm with the blinds open. Don't wait for the X-Box.. it's been out for about 4 months now. Awesome game!
Old 10-21-02, 10:49 PM
Banned

That game is like so last month dude.
Old 10-21-02, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wonder if this will cause a price drop on the PS2 version. I have both systems, and am interested in trying this game. I'll wait for reviews, to see if one has an edge over the other.
Old 10-22-02, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by jrutz
I would have been stoked if I could have gotten it a week ago, but since it's coming out what like two days before Halloween, I'm going to pass. The novelty of playing a scary game kinda runs out after Halloween, so I'd rather put my money towards some system must-haves coming out the next couple weeks.

Jeremy
Is that also the only time you watch horror movies????
Old 10-22-02, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Tigger
Don't wait for the X-Box.. it's been out for about 4 months now. Awesome game!

I've no choice. I don't have a PS2.......
Old 10-22-02, 11:06 AM

I played through this game back when it was released on the PS2. Its a neat game, very atmospheric, but super short. You'll be done with it in about 8-10 hours even if you take your time, quicker if you know what your doing. I suggest renting it.
Old 10-22-02, 11:39 AM

The XBOX version is the one to get. It has more ghosts, more secrets and better graphics.

Not to mention the scariness of DD5.1.
Old 10-22-02, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yep!!

Originally posted by Armando
The XBOX version is the one to get. It has more ghosts, more secrets and better graphics.

Not to mention the scariness of DD5.1.

I agree with you. Who gives a F...... who has played it before or not. When it comes out on Xbox is going to be better.
Old 10-22-02, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is that also the only time you watch horror movies????
No, and I do see your point, but let me ask you - would Ghost Ship do as much business the weekend before Halloween or the weekend after?

Same with games. I would play a scary game any time of year, especially if it's a good one, but I'd be more inclined to play through Shenmue II then finish Fatal Frame a week or so after Halloween.

But that's my humble opinion, and I still am interested in the game...

Jeremy
Old 10-23-02, 12:23 AM

I'd say, if it's a good movie, then it would do good if it was released at anytime.

The same goes with games. I don't see Resident Evil 0 rushing for a Halloween release.
Old 10-23-02, 01:59 PM

I'm gonna wait for the reviews on the Xbox version. Just because the Xbox is more powerful than the PS2 doesn't mean it will be the better version. If it is just a straight port, it might not be any better graphically, and could even suffer some framerate problems from not being optimized well. And while 5.1 sound is better than what the PS2 might have, again, it depends on if it is properly done. (and yes, I have both systems - all 3, actually).
Old 10-23-02, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally posted by TheMadMonk
I'm gonna wait for the reviews on the Xbox version. Just because the Xbox is more powerful than the PS2 doesn't mean it will be the better version. If it is just a straight port, it might not be any better graphically, and could even suffer some framerate problems from not being optimized well. And while 5.1 sound is better than what the PS2 might have, again, it depends on if it is properly done. (and yes, I have both systems - all 3, actually).
I'm going to wait on the reviews also and then decide. Unfortunately I don't have a 5.1 setup so I never can use that as a deciding factor on a game purchase. I really should save up for it already.
Old 10-23-02, 07:55 PM

Re: Yep!!

Originally posted by kar10
I agree with you. Who gives a F...... who has played it before or not. When it comes out on Xbox is going to be better.
Whoa settle down, he asked for our comments on the game and since I have played it I thought I'd give my impressions to him seeing how at its core it will still be the same game. Of course it will be improved, but that doesn't change the fact that this game will be a cool title!
Old 10-23-02, 08:17 PM

How often do you see a PS2 game ported to the Xbox with a worse framerate?
Old 10-23-02, 10:48 PM

Well, from what I've read, Need for Speed 2 (or 3?): Hot Pursuit has a better framerate on the PS2 than on the Xbox or Gamecube.

So, while it may not happen much, it can happen.
Old 10-23-02, 10:55 PM

Well, from what I've read, Need for Speed 2 (or 3?): Hot Pursuit has a better framerate on the PS2 than on the Xbox or Gamecube.

So, while it may not happen much, it can happen.
Totally different circumstances. NFS:HS for the GC and Xbox were developed by a different team using a different graphics engine than the PS2 version. I assure you, if it were the same engine designed for all three systems, it would not have run or looked best on the PS2.
Old 10-23-02, 10:56 PM

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/375/375267p1.html
Even with all of that real world inspiration, Fatal Frame's fright factor will be significantly improved on Xbox because the ghosts and supernatural effects look that much more believable(?) and the sound effects seem more complex and subtle at the same time.
Old 10-30-02, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gamestop lists this game now at 11/4 - has anyone seen it at retail?

Jeremy